Author Topic: Suggestion to Help Raise Numbers in Special Events  (Read 1276 times)

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
Re: Suggestion to Help Raise Numbers in Special Events
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 11:52:35 PM »
Special events don't use the perk system, so there would be no benefit.  We never perk the planes.  Or maybe I misunderstood, are you looking for more perk points to be applied in the main arena for playing special events?  Why wouldn't you just stay in the MA and get points?  Special events are played for the lack of MA game style, not a duplication of it.
Regarding the numbers, most special events are niche events.  Snapshots, quick missions, no real order and just a night out of the MA.  KOTH, head to head fights.  It's not about getting more bodies, it's about having events that some people enjoy. The CMs put the events on for those who want to be there. If you want to be there, then I don't see why perks would entice you to be there.  Those are Main Arena benefits for flying in the Main Arenas, to unlock Main Arena planes.  Now, FSO pulling several hundred each friday, scenarios doing the same thing, that is quite a bit different than 15-20 players.   Those don't need, have never needed, and will never need a perk bonus to fly in.  Why is that?
Roc. I like your answer with all respect. Im not talking FSO. I'm talking snapshots and such Smaller events. they got very little #s for having lots of effort put in by cm. If we gave guys say 20 MA perks for participation in snapshots and scenarios in that genre we might attract more guys. At least new guys needing perks
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 02:07:09 AM »
It is an interesting idea -- basically the idea that once folks try it, they'll like it, but it's hard to get them to try it.  Perks would get some people to try it (perks that are usable in the MA, that is).

I think that the programming effort would likely not be all that small (because the special-event servers and arenas are not linked to the MA right now), however, and so it would compete with programming resources slated for higher-priority tasks.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 02:57:39 AM »
Get the Alpha males in game to make people join special events :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 03:29:10 AM »
There are plenty of players at US time zone (there are FSO, Snapshots, KOTH and more all the time), but virtually none at European.

- The Scenarios are the best and don't have numbers problems - but run 3-4 times a year (or even less)
- TDIWW2 runs about once a month and have relatively good numbers...
- What remains is SEC with unfortunately very low numbers... If I can login to AH at those hours I always go to SEA...

Now AvA - I'm not even talking about - I had seen an activity there maybe only once in about half a year!

But... and there is a big but...

There is a catch 22, if there are low numbers, less fun, less players come and there are lower numbers.

I think what is missing is ads. If you can put an MOTD ad telling - today there is event ABCD at XX:YY time (or even better automatically adjusted - in 1 hour 39 minutes) with event description.

It may help - MOTD is very powerful tool.

Put the following MOTD at all 3 MA:

Today at SEA at 8:00pm UK, 21:00 CET, 3:00pm EST
----------------------------
Operation Bodenplatte Frame 2

Allies:    P-47D-40, P-47M, P-51D, Spitfire MkXIV,  Spitfire MkXVI, Typhoon, Tempest
Axis:    Bf109G14, Bf109K4,  Fw190A-8,  Fw190F-8,  Fw190D-9

This Week at Axis vs Allies arena:
-----------------------------

2nd Raid on Schweinfurt- Black Thursday

In 1943, the Allied Bomber Command had
decided to hit the ball bearing factories
at Schweinfurt.

Allies: B-17G, F4U-1, P-38J, P-39D, P-51B
Axis: BF-109 G-2, BF 109 G-6, BF 110 G-2, FW 190 A-5, JU 87D3, JU 88

I think this would HELP A LOT

Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 06:38:08 AM »
Yeah :) im leaving fso outa this . thinking snapshots koth and such

Then that's what you should have said. You said events. The main events are FSO and scenarios. You got my answer when I said there was already incentive in those. What you're suggesting is just one step away from 'why don't we get perk points for logging on?'.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 12:15:57 PM »
Get the Alpha males in game to make people join special events :old:

That leaves you out  ;)

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 05:23:35 PM »
Then that's what you should have said. You said events. The main events are FSO and scenarios. You got my answer when I said there was already incentive in those. What you're suggesting is just one step away from 'why don't we get perk points for logging on?'.
Good to see your on here to make arrogant remarks. <S>
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 06:14:49 PM »
Good to see your on here to make arrogant remarks. <S>

It's called criticism. I'm not liable for your inability to take it.  :aok

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 08:54:17 AM »
It's called criticism. I'm not liable for your inability to take it.  :aok
I like criticism when its productive. But yours
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 11:56:28 AM »
I like criticism when its productive. But yours

I didn't see anything productive in your suggestion. What I saw was a misperception, on your part, regarding a need to address a lack of popularity of events (even when you decided to pare it down to just Snapshots and KOTH. Snapshots are quite informal and are set up to allow players to participate at their leisure, logging in at anytime during with unlimited lives. Those 20-30 players you are seeing may end up being actually more, given the potential for replacements logging in while others log out. I don't see a practical perk awarding system for that.

Sometimes the idea, itself, isn't practically productive. Sorry, mate.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2014, 10:14:10 AM »

Now AvA - I'm not even talking about - I had seen an activity there maybe only once in about half a year!

guess you've never been around for Tuesday night squad nights and thursday night tank fights. the fact is that we post something every week, twice a week and have activities twice a week. better look a again or you'll miss something.

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 12:45:10 PM »
SEC is one of the few events that fit my timeframe, but almost always I have a feeling that players don`t get all the information they need, especially if you jump in at the last minute. Time of the event in the calendar, information about which side is allies or axis in the arena message etc. Sometimes there are mistakes in the arena messages or arena settings and that creates a feeling of a disorganisation. I understand that it takes a lot of time to make it happen and I respect those who run the events. I also think that an event should be advertised before the day of the event, so that people can read in the forum about how many say they participate and so on.

Some events seem to be designed for a larger number of players and many assignments scatter players around.

My suggestions are thus more information and easier access to it. If possible then maybe sometimes the organizer of the event could give direct orders to participants on both country channels to lead the planes towards a same area at a certain altitude. On some occasions one side could be given an initial advantage by a greater allowable altitude etc.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W