Author Topic: Rockets  (Read 506 times)

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
Rockets
« on: May 08, 2014, 12:57:13 PM »
If I load rockets on say, a P51, how do I toggle them to fire, eg what key should be mapped?  Can the pairs be selected somehow, or do they just salvo a pair at a time, or all of them at a time?

Thanks again!!!!!
Fortitudo et Decus

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Rockets
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 01:09:33 PM »
On a keyboard normally you hit backspace and then use the secondary fire to launch the rocket or bomb. You can type .salvo # to shoot how many you want at once. Make sure to use the period before salvo.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 01:30:09 PM »
In addition to using the '.salvo' command to fire salvos, you can also set the delay between firing of the rockets by using the '.delay' command.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 02:53:36 PM »
  For example.  If I were flying a P-51 with rockets, I would open the text buffer and type ".salvo 6" when I first take off.  This way, if I get jumped on the way to the target, I can quickly dump all my rockets and lighten the load.  Now let's say I want to de-ack the town.  When I get close I will type
".salvo 1", so the rockets will fire off one at a time.  Then I use the backspace key to select rockets, and use the secondary weapon button on my joystick to fire the rocket, and kill the anti-aircraft gun I am aiming at.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 03:59:09 PM »
Thanks guys. Got them working.  :salute
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline Raven3

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 04:14:26 PM »
OPPS! One more thing.  I want to get the rockets off of my plane in the hanger.  I am sure there must be a way to disarm?
Fortitudo et Decus

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »
Just click the empty spot on the floor under the row of ords for the slot on the plane. You should see the wooden pallet move to the bottom and be shown as empty.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 04:48:33 PM »
If you practice in the TA you'll see an aiming cross for rockets and bombs. This will help you develop a sight picture for your attack profile.

There is also a lead computing gunsight in the TA. Press ctrl and tab to turn on friendly lock then tab to select an aircraft to lock. You will see a green cross for each set of guns. Put your gunsight on the cross to get proper lead for the locked target.

You can turn these aids on for offline practice but they won't work in the main arenas. On your clipboard go to options/arena setup/environment/arena settings look under the general tab and find flightmodeflags. Select dive bombsight and lead computed gunsight.
You can also change the rebuild time under the general tab with the downtimemult setting.

If you look under the weapons tab you can increase ammo load for practice and turn down lethality of defensive ground fire.

Note that when you set salvo it will be the same setting for drop tanks, bombs, and rockets. If you want to fire 2 rockets, drop 1 bomb, and fire 2 rockets, you need to change your salvo unless you only have 1 bomb left.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 06:03:01 AM »
A Thrustmaster cougar panel is a great add on later on.  It can be programed so a press of a button will enter the salvo setting you want.  I have a button for 1,2,4,6,and 8.

BTW the bombs work like the rockets when you want to try them.