Author Topic: Torpedo Run Time Clock  (Read 854 times)

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
Re: Torpedo Run Time Clock
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 05:11:55 PM »
I would prefer being able to have external view after my plane or PT is dead so I can see them run.  Gamey? yes, but torping is hard with a very low survival rate.
AMAX  in game

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 02:45:27 PM »
+1 on the wish for some torpedo revamping.   

+1 for the actual torpedo sights used in aircraft - if you can put the bombsite in a TBM, how about the bloody torpedo site guys?  I'm tired of launching them by figuring the angle vs my canopy view.

How about also the LATE WAR launch parameters for altitude and speed for both Allied and Axis torps, plus some provision for adjustment of torpedo game speed vs the CV game speed.   If you are going to have the
CVs running around at 30+ knots in game all day long, it would seem a good idea to adjust the speed of a game torpedo up by that same percentage vs the speed of the actual torpedo.   At least that way the actual
effectiveness of the weapon is modeled.   

Couple that with the 40mm ack detonating at 4500 yards and that will be an epic AH film. 

Offline donna43

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 02:33:45 AM »
I'd love to see the adjustable torpedo sights (someone posted scans of the manual a while back).

+1
DrPhloxx

Age is strictly a case of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 09:18:44 AM »
+1 on the wish for some torpedo revamping.   

+1 for the actual torpedo sights used in aircraft - if you can put the bombsite in a TBM, how about the bloody torpedo site guys?  I'm tired of launching them by figuring the angle vs my canopy view.

How about also the LATE WAR launch parameters for altitude and speed for both Allied and Axis torps, plus some provision for adjustment of torpedo game speed vs the CV game speed.   If you are going to have the
CVs running around at 30+ knots in game all day long, it would seem a good idea to adjust the speed of a game torpedo up by that same percentage vs the speed of the actual torpedo.   At least that way the actual
effectiveness of the weapon is modeled.   

Couple that with the 40mm ack detonating at 4500 yards and that will be an epic AH film. 
I agree  :aok

Offline tuba515

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 11:26:24 PM »
+1 for torpedo revamp also  and a timer or site would be nice :aok