Author Topic: *Attn. All Members of the Abusement Park forum*  (Read 7005 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: *Attn. All Members of the Abusement Park forum*
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2014, 12:46:58 PM »
I was in ZLA but shortly after removed without reason or explination, I thought that had died :/
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »
SAPP has been more active in the past, but we still have posts from time to time. If nothing else, the SAPP forums are a repository for films, pictures, and other media associated with P38s. This group wasn't formed to avoid the eye of HTC, or complain about modeling. It is simply a group of people that enjoy history and the twin engine bird in Aces High.

Is HTC planning on deleting all squad forums not associated with a squad? If so could I know ASAP so I can save as much of the material contained within before it is deleted?
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2014, 02:34:24 PM »
SAPP has been more active in the past, but we still have posts from time to time. If nothing else, the SAPP forums are a repository for films, pictures, and other media associated with P38s. This group wasn't formed to avoid the eye of HTC, or complain about modeling. It is simply a group of people that enjoy history and the twin engine bird in Aces High.

Is HTC planning on deleting all squad forums not associated with a squad? If so could I know ASAP so I can save as much of the material contained within before it is deleted?

I think it's safe to assume that if one of these "squad" forums isn't attached to an actual Aces High squad, it will eventually be removed. It shouldn't matter what it is/was used for or what went on inside it. There are plenty of external free sites to create stuff like that.

Why wait to see if it will be removed, or expect to be notified beforehand...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2014, 02:43:59 PM »

Exactly and ditto in wishing time given to copy material as well.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2014, 02:47:15 PM »

I think it's safe to assume that if one of these "squad" forums isn't attached to an actual Aces High squad, it will eventually be removed. It shouldn't matter what it is/was used for or what went on inside it. There are plenty of external free sites to create stuff like that.

Why wait to see if it will be removed, or expect to be notified beforehand...

But we do get together now and again and have SAPP night and fly as a squad.........and ditto again on copying the material
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2014, 05:36:29 PM »
All this is the galactic opposite of what I expected when I started this thread. :o  A good thing came from it though, HTC was able to address the community on a clarification of the rules that neither side knew was being broken.
Apologies to Dale & the rest of you. :salute
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2014, 05:43:09 PM »
I agree Ranger, that was well said, and HT's post answered any questions I had about that myself. 

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2014, 05:45:04 PM »
All this is the galactic opposite of what I expected when I started this thread. :o  A good thing came from it though, HTC was able to address the community on a clarification of the rules that neither side knew was being broken.
Apologies to Dale & the rest of you. :salute

It is nothing more than the very thing that caused all this uproar, a few players with bruised ego's didn't get their way so they decided to infest the entire boards and now we get to watch it rot away as their influence slowly dies out, yet leaving behind the ugly scars of their discontent. Petty people, online sociopaths, juvenile banality... the future looks bleak for online communities if these are any indication. A shame some grown men are not men at all.

:salute
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2014, 07:14:20 PM »
Was out... well looks like lotsa "interesting" stuff have happened. In plz.
AoM
City of ice

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2014, 10:19:29 PM »
I have to laugh as HiTech gets to do what he has been wanting to do and that's show a specific group of individuals they are not here to tell him what they are gonna do, but what they are allowed to do.

:cheers: HiTech

lawndart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2014, 10:38:48 PM »
See rule 4
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:54:05 PM by hitech »
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2014, 12:06:16 AM »
This thread is over.  Everything is crystal clear & there is no reason for this discussion to continue.  If you wish to be a member in the off-site forum that is currently being made by another member of the group, just keep up the PMs I've been getting.  I ask you guys to just let this one die now please. :pray :salute
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus