Author Topic: discoing  (Read 777 times)

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
Re: discoing
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2014, 04:28:42 PM »
OK thanks. Its a nasty rainey weekend and I'm pulling at strings.
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 06:39:00 AM »
Cremator, as the game is a real time game. it does mandate a higher quality connection than Netflix would, for example.  Netflix can retry packets without issue.

You really cannot do that in a real time game moving at over 300MPH.  On a wireless connection, loss of UDP is not uncommon.  If a UDP packet has an error in the data stream, that packet is discarded.  Lost forever.  So, the game tries to switch protocols when that happens.

TCP will retry.  If the game detects excessive packet retries, it will finally give up.

Wireless connections are subject to a lot of data errors in the stream.  Everything in the environment can impact the data quality of a wireless connection.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 01:34:27 PM »
I just endured a lousy couple of days with Comcrap. So bad I have someone coming out tomorrow but I think its just a provider issue. One thing you can try is to reconnect your cable hard wires, trying a different splitter if you use them, and even pushing the little cable wire a bit to the side to try and get a better connection.

This last one was weird cause I had all the proper lights on my modem lit, my icon was showing a connection, but I still kept disconnecting. A restart would fix it but how much can you enjoy a game when you have to restart every 15 mins?

Now today its rock solid. :headscratch:
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 08:28:46 AM »
They are supposed to be out today to look at it. I understand, and respect, that the connection has to be good for this game. I hope they can get it figured out. Thanks for all the input....
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 05:55:47 PM »
Update:

I called and spoke with my provider. They came out and found no problems. I called a gentleman, <S>, and we did some trouble shooting. After much head scratching I was given some pointers on some stuff. Turns out at some point I had inadvertently downloaded McAfee, along with several dozen other popup anti virus stuff and it was blocking me. My wife went in and deleted anything un needed and fixed my problem...

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 06:42:57 AM »
McAfee is a virus.  So is Norton.

Worst things you can do to your computer.  The real viruses are actually better to have.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com