Author Topic: AH demigods and nemeses  (Read 794 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
AH demigods and nemeses
« on: June 07, 2014, 05:56:10 AM »
I think this title is more appropriate than the coined acronym of the mayor of some Dr. Seuss town.

Sorry TJ, you're idea was great, but you know who...

These days the list of the pilots is slimmer than when I started of course, but I guess talent is not hard to pick out.

Not intended to leave anyone out, there are so many to remember.
Some of the guys that amazed me when I first started, many of them still do, here goes, no order:

pretty much all of JG5 back then, Dolby, Latrobe, Debrody, Redbul1 (don't recall the others atm)
the Muskie's: Rapier, Wraithe
Shawk, Sfox, Squat, SkyRock, Tongs, HiVolt, kamurogi, Kappa, Valen, mbailey, Jayro, Buldog1, System, Triton1, awaji, BudGray, ahiru, baba and putz
also those two guys running around always paired, were beavis/butthead once...and this guy that flew around aiming his plane right at me ALL the time, still does...

Most of you are still on the list of those I'd like to be a challenge to, maybe a few more years I'll get caught up.

Many of the Knights should make that list, but I haven't switched in so long it's tough for me to remember which ones of you used to tear me up, the above mentioned Knights off memory. <S> you guys

One guy, makes the nemesis, but not both lists; always absolutely got on my nerves and somedays under my skin: kikdrum.  I don't see him on anymore, although my flying is down to about a 1/4 of what is was atm. I'd like to see how we match up these days.

:salute all and especially those that help others
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 06:05:39 AM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: AH demigods and nemeses
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 06:10:19 AM »
Also when I first started I joined a base taking Knight squad that operates in US day hours mainly, my knowledge and acquaintance with the furball was limited.

Once I started going off on my own and doing what I enjoy in this game more than flying bombs to targets, the aforementioned list grew considerably....

Wanting to fight in aeroplanes got me kicked out of the squad   :rofl

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 06:28:27 AM »
ahiru, kamurogi, sfox...
 :rofl
AoM
City of ice

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 07:39:51 AM »
ahiru, kamurogi, sfox...
 :rofl

well like I said they are not heros to me, but they were always  :ahand > me 

Long time ago it was especially Tongs, baba and Putz spoiling base takes, I began to hate them, almost  :rofl not really, but then Tongs was flying near me one day and was a good fellow, that's when I realized my CO was kinda full of it w/the animosity toward the other sides. At one point, I was so fleeced, I hated the Bish. LOL, I'm too old for that crap and in hindsight, pretty immature...

That's not to say there aren't some real DH's in the game, on all sides. I know some consider me one  :devil

I almost got ahiru the other day, we went around for about 1.5 mins (white-knuckle) and he actually ran to his cv ack, that's progress for me!   I'm not really sure why, he had two kills already, so short on ammo? idk

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 11:11:21 AM »
Just funny, every fella you have listed, i luved running into them either in the MA or the DA, except those three.
AoM
City of ice

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 11:17:54 AM »
I don't go in for gods or heroes, but Batfink is good people, same for Lambo back when he was playing. I always. Tongs certainly is. Steve Bailey tearing it up in a Mustang was always inspiring (rode with him a couple of times, mostly he never ever missed.) I don't know if I ever encountered Zazen in the game, but his posts were always a beacon of horrible, horrible reasonableness  :devil And Krusty, what can I say...I frikkin' miss Krusty, especially flying with him.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 07:15:12 PM »
Jetty

Never have i got so wound up by  another player as him! He refuses point blank to fight, has not the slightest compunction about circling round whatever ack he can find, waits until you've forgotten about him, then picks you when you are engaged and legs it back to ack.

admire his boredom threshold ? without doubt

Would he walk out of a bar I was in, with his balls still attached? not entirely sure :devil
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Tutor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 09:55:49 PM »
rant rant rant woot woot  :O

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 03:57:13 AM »
Krusty? What happened?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 05:30:03 AM »

rant??? Nope, actually was giving them praise for being skilled at AH.

Addition to the list: remembered last night after I made this, when I was somewhat new to Knights...there was this guy in a P-38 who I watched win a 4v1, all of em. I was quite pleased cause they were bombing my tank, but also very impressed as I'd only seen that plane deliver bombs.

:salute AkAK

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 06:38:20 AM »
talking about rants....  :rofl
AoM
City of ice

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 07:13:10 AM »
Just funny, every fella you have listed, i luved running into them either in the MA or the DA, except those three.

Your G6 still gives me nightmares  :aok   :salute
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 07:25:38 AM »
Your G6 still gives me nightmares  :aok   :salute
Since 2012 May, not any more  :aok
AoM
City of ice