Author Topic: whats wrong here?  (Read 665 times)

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
whats wrong here?
« on: June 05, 2014, 03:33:09 PM »
can any1 tell me whats wrong here, is it my aim ? or might it be bug... Its almost like this all the time... nothing i hit goes down....
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: whats wrong here?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 06:30:49 PM »
Other than the fact that your in a German plane, I didn't see anything wrong.

If you think there is something wrong, you can always check your net status by right clicking on the clip board. The white line should be as close to the red line as it can git. If it's below the red line then you have rubber bullets, if it's above you're warping.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 03:37:56 AM »
Everything that you hit did go down.  Where you hit them, with what type of round and how fast they went down are the only questions that I could gather from the film.   If you notice, you used up all of your cannon on the first P38, and actually finished that plane with machine gun rounds only.  I don't have the answer for you why AH planes explode, but my best guess would be either the pilot was killed, or the cumulative amount of lbs of ammo has been delivered to that plane.

Let me look into your first concern your aim.  Since you were hitting your target your aim was good.  :aok  Sometimes convergence is the issue, although your hits seem to be tightly grouped, you may have been closer than where they were set to converge, producing less damage to a particular structure.  This is not to say that you did not throw a good amount of cannon rounds to the wind.  This goes to my first impression that a number of hits were from machine gun rounds (which definitely need more hits in the same proximity to cause damage to structures besides holes).

Planes in AH have certain structures where hits produce immediate damage.  Fast forward to about 4:30 or so and slow speed down and zoom in on the P38.  P38 design places its twin engines out along the twin fuselages.  Your rounds were striking the cockpit area as well as other areas, but I saw no evidence of engine, coolant or fuel damage until the kill shot was delivered on the right engine.  Without wounding the pilot, or destroying a critical flight structure the plane will continue to be able to fly, even missing parts.

My suggestions would be:

1 Turn tracers on
2 Fire machine guns to acquire the target
3 Fire cannons (alone to be certain of which round hits) after target is acquired
4 Check range and convergence for your plane to maximize damage
5 Choose ammo load that fits your style of shooting (quick short bursts of cannon or spray and pray)

Lastly, I don't know if the 30 mm cannon was used in this flight, but those often do produce one or two hit kills that you are seeking, but at a price of limited amount of rounds.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:50:32 AM by Chilli »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 06:43:19 AM »
The cannon in the G14 require a lot of practice to make consistent shots. Even then it is better to shoot at a non-maneuvering target in a crossing shot than it is a jinking target from behind.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 11:23:30 AM »
The cannon in the G14 require a lot of practice to make consistent shots. Even then it is better to shoot at a non-maneuvering target in a crossing shot than it is a jinking target from behind.

I learned that the hard way, it took me months to go away from the gondolas. Something specific to that canon?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 09:43:30 AM »
thnx all for replies and tips.
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 11:05:55 AM »

I learned that the hard way, it took me months to go away from the gondolas. Something specific to that canon?

Doesn't the G14 have a 30mm?  w/ option of adding two wing-mounted gondolas?
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 11:56:02 AM »
Doesn't the G14 have a 30mm?  w/ option of adding two wing-mounted gondolas?

Yes, but referring to it as a 'G14 cannon' is not precise as it also comes with the option of selecting a single 20mm. :old:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 06:08:30 PM »
You did a lot of things right...you fired unloaded (without pulling G-loads), you generally hit your targets, and they did both go down eventually. That said, the single 20mm doesn't pack a lot of punch, and the 38 will stay up for a while until you take off a wing or (my favorite) separate it from it's twin booms. You also got hits form dead astern, which is not likely to do the kind of damage that will take a bird out unless you throw a lot of lead at it, which you did.

My suggestions:

1. Get in closer and aim for a specific plane part. I usually fire at 200 because I can't hit anything further than that without blowing a lot of ammo.

2. wait for a good deflection shot, aim for a nice weak part of the plane, and let 'em have it.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline TheCrazyOrange

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 06:59:15 PM »
I can't even hope to aim at individual components. I'm aiming at the plane as a whole, and praying I hit something critical that will quickly cripple it.