Author Topic: Drone warping  (Read 361 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Drone warping
« on: July 10, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
I wish the warping of bomber drones at high speed maneuvers would be fixed. Neither having them warping out of your gunsight in 100 yard leaps nor having them warp into your plane is a cool thing.

Thank you.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: Drone warping
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 06:21:54 PM »
Isn't this tied to lag?  I mean, on my end my drones are maneuvering to keep up.  Then again, I'm not too sure exactly what type of maneuvers you are referring too. :headscratch:  If it's some super fancy move and what-not, then I couldn't understand seeing as I don't use them. :lol
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 06:28:35 PM »
No fancy moves at all. At very high bomber speeds, even relatively gentle turns can cause jumping of the drones on the other players FE only. As a bomber pilot, you will never see that kind of warping of your own drones.
The bomber usually needs to fly at quite a high altitude as well to get enough speed for that.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 07:14:02 PM »
Ah.  I recall encountering this once in the past, but I just chalked it up to lag.  I haven't done any high altitude intercepts since though, so if it is a constant problem, I am missing out on it.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 09:32:11 PM »
It frequently occurs when the bomber pilot hits auto level while making a tight turn.  The drones seem to be lagging way behind and then make mini-warps until back in formation.  Frustrating to have a shot lined up as the drone pulls a Houdini. <POOF>   :mad:
Don't see why this can't be addressed, because the lead bomber never warps.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline dogtag380

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 11:03:05 PM »
I wish the warping of bomber drones at high speed maneuvers would be fixed. Neither having them warping out of your gunsight in 100 yard leaps nor having them warp into your plane is a cool thing.

Thank you.

+1
AKTap
~Arabian Knights~
www.arabian-knights.org/

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 11:18:00 PM »

Thank you.

Flying through terrain is no fun either. :headscratch:
Well at least one of them.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7z42xgiu6defgne/where_did_drones_go_&_no_proxies_0233.ahf

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 03:46:32 PM »
But it's a display issue... If you watch the film of mini-warping drones you'll see that they don't warp at all... However you know for certain they warped, and we all know this... So isn't it just a in-game problem?
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 05:27:11 PM »
But it's a display issue... If you watch the film of mini-warping drones you'll see that they don't warp at all... However you know for certain they warped, and we all know this... So isn't it just a in-game problem?

It's not about mini warps. They warp great distances, and it shows on film.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 06:28:19 PM »
Drone warp's can  be induced by rolling the aircraft, and change plane you're in manoeuvring, unfortunately its very effective.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera