Author Topic: B25c gunpacks  (Read 1093 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
B25c gunpacks
« on: August 21, 2014, 05:30:41 PM »
whats the difference between the 2 gunpacks on the B25C. is the glass nose the onlty thing? or do the guns have a different loadout of some sort?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: B25c gunpacks
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 05:32:54 PM »
bomber (glass nose) strafer (solid nose).

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »
well we have 3 total bomber (glass) and 2 strafers one with half glass one without) whats is the glass the difference?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 05:50:38 PM »
well we have 3 total bomber (glass) and 2 strafers one with half glass one without) whats is the glass the difference?

Just looks.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 07:04:41 AM »
I "think" you need to choose the glass nose to get a level bomb site, but I could be wrong. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 12:20:01 PM »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 10:20:54 AM »
I "think" you need to choose the glass nose to get a level bomb site, but I could be wrong. 
:airplane: You are correct! If you want to have a "bomb" sight for your mission, then take the "C". The "H" does not have a bombardier position in the aircraft, as the nose is filled with various guns of one type or the other. If memory serves me correctly, the "H" saw some brief action in the Korean conflict, but not any in Nam! Not sure how effective they were in Korea,, as the ground attack of choice was the B-26C, both with and without the glass nose! The 26C was a train and bridge killer deluxe, and was a truck convoy killer in Nam.
One thing you might want to consider is the 25C or H has "WEP" available to you and is slightly faster than the 26. It was primarily designed to be a light medium class level bomber and saw outstanding service in the South Pacific area during WW2. The 25C is available with drones, as the "H" is not! It also is much more maneuverable than the 26.
Didn't mean to start a "plane" comparison thread, just thought a few things should be mentioned!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 02:53:20 PM »
We've had a few missions with the 25c Earl remember? I always thought it was a better medium then many gave it credit for.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 06:59:11 PM »
:airplane: You are correct! If you want to have a "bomb" sight for your mission, then take the "C". The "H" does not have a bombardier position in the aircraft, as the nose is filled with various guns of one type or the other. If memory serves me correctly, the "H" saw some brief action in the Korean conflict, but not any in Nam! Not sure how effective they were in Korea,, as the ground attack of choice was the B-26C, both with and without the glass nose! The 26C was a train and bridge killer deluxe, and was a truck convoy killer in Nam.
One thing you might want to consider is the 25C or H has "WEP" available to you and is slightly faster than the 26. It was primarily designed to be a light medium class level bomber and saw outstanding service in the South Pacific area during WW2. The 25C is available with drones, as the "H" is not! It also is much more maneuverable than the 26.
Didn't mean to start a "plane" comparison thread, just thought a few things should be mentioned!

For the most part the B-25 never saw action in Korea, only a very small number of J models that were converted for electronic warfare.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song