Author Topic: Lil Whine Lil Rant  (Read 1195 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Lil Whine Lil Rant
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 12:29:56 PM »
My stats are crap because I let 2 different 7 year olds fly on my account. Anyone Who knows me Knows I'm not it terrible pilot. Im not great either. I don't take pride in my game like some do. Yes sometimes being in ack is the reason to my wounds but it seems 1 out of 5 pilot wounds are gamey and so not accurate.

Well you can blame the game.... which I guess has singled you out for more than you share of pilot wounds... or you can see if your flying style is putting you in harms way more than you need to be.

Just saying.

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 01:43:01 PM »

Well you can blame the game.... which I guess has singled you out for more than you share of pilot wounds... or you can see if your flying style is putting you in harms way more than you need to be.

Just saying.
I am not saying I don't do things that give them to me! Im fine if I deserve em. But now and then they happen in the most FAKE Circumstances I could imagine
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 01:47:06 PM »
But now and then they happen in the most FAKE Circumstances I could imagine

I'm not sure I have entirely understood what a FAKE circumstance is. You don't happen to have a film of such incident?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 05:13:19 PM »
I'm not sure I have entirely understood what a FAKE circumstance is. You don't happen to have a film of such incident?

Lusche,

In most cases the player either breaks or pulls up infront of the enemy,exposing their canopy.

Then they wonder about PW's....  That said I find most the twins seem to get more than their share of PW's but I suspect that's because they have a larger cockpit!

YMMV.

:salute

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 07:43:36 PM »
Maybe Your reading skills lack as my spelling does too. A stray Bullet at the end if its 3 k run should not pack the punch to go through one of the most solid areas of the aircraft and pilot wound you.
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 08:29:19 PM »

The whole Pilot wound issue is a joke !!  Just yesterday I deacked an entire field, just 1 slow firing ack left. as I make my turn to take it out, I see it fire. I watch the round climb heading off to my rear. then bam ! im pilot wounded ! round must have magically turned. and even if it did... it would have entered the bottom rear of my plane which took absolutely NO damage. 
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2014, 10:41:25 PM »
Im kinda done with this whole pilot wound thing. You have the brainpower to make pilot wounds a little less fake as they are in here. The whole pilot wound almost ever flight by a stray ack bullet at the end of its run gets very dull!! Wont be flying FSO anymore. not worth flying and hour to have a bullet enter my plane from the lower front and PWing me. I know it doesn't matter to anyone! But there yall go. My only rant in quite some time. 
I find the est way to avoid a pw is tonot look at the guy when he is taking a shot if you ar elooking its a quaenteed pw/
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2014, 10:49:29 PM »
Maybe Your reading skills lack as my spelling does too. A stray Bullet at the end if its 3 k run should not pack the punch to go through one of the most solid areas of the aircraft and pilot wound you.

if its going 3k yds it's a high explosive cannon round, not just a bullet.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 11:01:10 PM »
if its going 3k yds it's a high explosive cannon round, not just a bullet.

roughly its not explosive ones.
Peanut1 in game.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 01:07:53 AM »
PWs are frustrating - especially those 1 ping from 3k auto ack.  Happens all the time to me to otherwise a great sortie and a perfectly good AC.  But what can you do?  I just get another beer :old:
Beer cures pilot wounds?!  :O
Wow! Is there anything this heavenly ambrosia cannot do?  :cheers:
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 10:37:10 AM »
roughly its not explosive ones.

regular ammo only goes 1.5k yds in game.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2014, 11:07:23 AM »
Always somone like you lol
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 11:19:35 AM »

I asked for a film - for good reasons. Very often similar claims just don't add up. Perception and memory during combat can play a  lot of tricks on us. Been here, done that - I learned that early by watching incidents appear on film quite different from what I perceived in the game.

And for the record, all AI AA fire in this game fires high explosive rounds. And the only player fired AA rounds not doing so are tank pintle guns and M16 - all of which doesn't fly for 3k anyway. (Base AI ack doesn't either)

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:22:30 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2014, 12:01:54 PM »
Maybe Your reading skills lack as my spelling does too.

:uhoh  You just said this to one of the most literate people in this community.

Wow.  :huh

Okay, back on track. ;)
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"