Author Topic: I'll be back in a few days...  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: I'll be back in a few days...
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 08:41:44 PM »
Bruv and Chilli covered it.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 07:36:56 AM »
Bruv and Chilli covered it.

...er...where might that have been...?

- oldman

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 09:09:29 AM »
Agree with everything Bruv said.   :rock

Vraciu does have a valid point concerning HQ, however that is NOT so much a flaw of this map as it is the variety of other fun activities on the map, defending HQ is a lower priority.  Which would you rather do, engage in a multiple player battle  :airplane: in 3 to 4 minutes, or fly a half hour to try and locate a singe player with 3 planes and multiple gunner positions?  :joystick: (Let's be realistic)

Fester himself did not arrange all of the strat placements due to some changes made in the game itself, some of his ideas we were not able to see in that area. 

Some of my good friends agree with the folks that don't like the map, and I always ask what they could possibly be upset about.  I think that mostly the answers are preconceptions about it being so large (thinking that means less fights - the opposite is true). 

The other complaint is that it was not as easily reset (really not a downside in my opinion, but I can imagine how others might want to see some change in scenery).  I on the other hand have seized the opportunity with the extended time in rotation to try several different types of game play, avoiding and vocally discouraging any attacks on HQ.  I have been rewarded nicely with extremely fun enemy engagements.  Only during the first 2 days of the tour did I find it difficult to find evenly manned dogfights (this is a normal occurrence with players jockeying for rank).

have to say in the limited time I've played on the map I've found fights easily. 

Fester has catered for every form of gameplay , GV on GV, Air to Gv and also been mindful of not running pesky GV spawns to every single airfield making them easy for a horde to capture.   Plenty of ocean for CV battles also.   

The bases are also pretty close together to save time to and from bases.  This is the most important thing!  There is nothing wrong with a map staying up all week if it means everyone is getting stuck in and fighting.   Maybe the war winning squads don't like it but hard cheese.   :)

Not to mention the rivers, valleys and mountains all look like he spent alot of time painting them by hand which is no mean feat if you have ever loaded up the Terrain editor. 

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 04:31:41 PM »
The map doesn't work for GVs at all, there's just relentless hording that is no fun to participate in or be on the receiving end of. It definitely does not work out of hours, which is when I'm able to log in, location and all. My opinion is based on a different experience to yours Chilli, which doesn't invalidate either position, however to get a fight or have a fun time in a GV I'd have to take time off work during the week or tell my kids to bog off in the weekend.

Until we have 600+ players logged in the big maps are just annoying.

I have yet gone to the central high altitude base in a GV and not had some fun experience.  I do play at very low population times.

Next time the map is up, try this:  If you don't own A21, take a M3 or M4 with HE and rockets if equipped attack the town.  If you own 21, it is much easier to provoke a GV fight as there are no nearby airfields to stop your attack on the other fields.  True you cannot capture any of them but you can still disable their troops radar and even their bases if you desire.  Most likely someone will notice and come and try and see what is flashing their field and want to reserve their ability to launch an attack on A21 at some time.

^^^^^^
All that is just in ONE area.  There are a number of Vbases in the middle of the contested furball areas also.  If you want to go and sit at a spawn camp, then I guess this map won't do much for you when numbers are low.  You have to think outside of the box.  I realize that this statement is a little harsh and condemning of spawn camping (which I too enjoy, very much), and of course, as you have stated, your experience could just be differing from mine (could be country related even - some don't defend, some don't grab turf, etc.)

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 06:54:27 AM »
I have no problem with the map. The amount of time and effort that it took to come to life is praise worthy in itself.

I just think it would rock with more numbers.

Does Fester still fly? I recall he can make a P-40 encounter with him become a quick embarrassing death.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU