Author Topic: Anyone looking to buy my bike?  (Read 2464 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Anyone looking to buy my bike?
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2014, 01:18:18 PM »
Well I've seen the limiter on a ZZR1200 so not too far off, driving fast in a straight line can pretty much be accomplished by a 10 yr old, that's not to say you're not amazing

Agreed,the most scared I ever was on a bike was at around 65 to 75 mph!   I was much like you Danny except it was my ear that was closest to the ground,good thing the helmet took the brunt of the grinding.... :devil

Come to think of it the RD only had a single front disc,hmmm maybe thats why I took the spill.....Nah was a case of OA.....   operator abuse...   Seems a single disc can lock the front tire,doesnt help when your leaned over 45 degrees or so!

:salute

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2014, 02:50:41 PM »
Swoop........you will have to have gone over 200 to get within 50 mph of what I've done in a car.

202mph. 

Ok, so...just.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2014, 03:28:28 PM »
I'm only asking 5200$ american Bills:)

:bolt:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2014, 03:55:53 PM »
Trade it Joe a Cheem.  Seriously, take it to a good bike shop in your area and get something else and keep riding, if it doesn't sell.

Zoney, I had an RC51 as well, the Firehawk/VTR and the RC51 had quite a few similarities, so I rode an RC51 for a single season.  Great bike, a louder, faster, more aggressive version of more docile Firehawk.  Great bike, brings back good memories. 

I'm very jealous of those who have a year long riding season, if I lived in the UK I would absolutely ride as much as possible, and travel to the continent to do the same. 

What do you guys think of some of the newer electric powered bikes coming along?  Jay Leno's car channel on youtube has featured many.  I think it's a kinda neat new tech, having such a quiet bike with that instant power and torque that an electric motor can provide.  I would never want to give up gas powered bikes, but having an electric road, and even dirt bike, is kind of appealing to me, for that incredible instant power, and the intriguing new tech of the regen brakes and decel, and other such cool stuff.  If they make a good sport bike that has 200 km range, is fast to charge (say an hour or two), and has that insane instant power and such, I'll buy it.  Some of the newer models being tested have a 5 or 6 speed trans just like modern sport bikes, many also have that single gear, sometimes two, like many electric sports cars.  I'd be fine with both, so long as the above conditions could be met, which means I could cruise to a place on the highway, and not have to wait 1/2 a day to recharge and come home, it would be about the same time spent as my gas bike would be so long as the charge could be rapidly done in an hour or two.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2014, 05:06:05 PM »
Trade it Joe a Cheem.  Seriously, take it to a good bike shop in your area and get something else and keep riding, if it doesn't sell.

Problem is i traded a 06 f350 for this bike, mind you i only bought that ford for 2500$ put 300 in it and made it run. lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2014, 08:29:08 AM »

Zoney, I had an RC51 as well, the Firehawk/VTR and the RC51 had quite a few similarities, so I rode an RC51 for a single season.  Great bike, a louder, faster, more aggressive version of more docile Firehawk.  Great bike, brings back good memories. 

I'm very jealous of those who have a year long riding season, if I lived in the UK I would absolutely ride as much as possible, and travel to the continent to do the same. 

What do you guys think of some of the newer electric powered bikes coming along?  Jay Leno's car channel on youtube has featured many.  I think it's a kinda neat new tech, having such a quiet bike with that instant power and torque that an electric motor can provide.  I would never want to give up gas powered bikes, but having an electric road, and even dirt bike, is kind of appealing to me, for that incredible instant power, and the intriguing new tech of the regen brakes and decel, and other such cool stuff.  If they make a good sport bike that has 200 km range, is fast to charge (say an hour or two), and has that insane instant power and such, I'll buy it.  Some of the newer models being tested have a 5 or 6 speed trans just like modern sport bikes, many also have that single gear, sometimes two, like many electric sports cars.  I'd be fine with both, so long as the above conditions could be met, which means I could cruise to a place on the highway, and not have to wait 1/2 a day to recharge and come home, it would be about the same time spent as my gas bike would be so long as the charge could be rapidly done in an hour or two.

I am very interested in the elecrtric Mission sportbike...
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/emergingtech/electric-motorcycles-rev-up-design-and-performance-wphotos/2679
However, the price tag is a bit excessive... if/when it comes down I may have another look.  I jsut cannot justify spending almost double what I paid for my Ducati 1199, for similar, if not less, performance. 
As far the the Buell goes, yea, they are not anywhere near the top dog of Sportbikes, I would HIGHLY recommend a CBR 600, or Ninja ZX-6, or hell, any of the japanese 600cc class sportbikes, before you give up.  That being said, I would never force anyone to ride who wasn't comfortable with it, but, at the same time, I would hate for someone to miss out ont he pure joy and freedom that being on 2 brings simply because of a poor choice in machine.  My riding buddies and I call riding "2 wheel therapy" and it truly is...  "For most people there are counselors, for some of us there is riding"....

As far as brake fade, yes, brake fade is a HUGE factor on the track, not so much around town though.  The large single disc should be fine around town, but the dual disc on my, and almsot every other sportbike out there, is there for a reason, improved cooling airflow, and reduced brake fade.  The singe large disc may have as much, or even MORE stopping power than the dual, but it will fade quickly under aggressive riding.  Also, keep in mind, that single oru double, most of the time, your stopping power is limited not by your brakes, but by that front tire.  Either design should and can in most circumstances, bring the front tire to a complete halt, while the bike continues forward.. (skidding(

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2014, 09:10:58 AM »
If you are ever in doubt about what is the best design for Sportbikes/Superbikes, you need to look no further that MotoGP as an example of the pinnacle of design and performance.  This is where performance motorcycles are tested to the extreme and that technology trickles down to the mass produced bikes.  And they use a dual disc FYI.  If you haven't been following MotoGP this year you have missed out BTW.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2014, 09:53:56 AM »
If you are ever in doubt about what is the best design for Sportbikes/Superbikes, you need to look no further that MotoGP as an example of the pinnacle of design and performance.  This is where performance motorcycles are tested to the extreme and that technology trickles down to the mass produced bikes.  And they use a dual disc FYI.  If you haven't been following MotoGP this year you have missed out BTW.

Love me some MotoGP.. no other racing compares..
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2014, 10:03:57 AM »
What Zoney said.  However, I am willing to admit that racing bikes don't necessarily represent the pinnacle of touring motorcycle technology.....last time I checked, Rossi didn't have heated handgrips on his YZF-M1 and I will maintain til the day I die that heated handgrips are the greatest invention in the history of motorcycling.

It was all different when I was a kid, the only people you heard of passing their tests and buying a ZXR750 were generally dead within the week, it just wasn't done.  When I were a wee lad we worked our way up to a big bike.  In order, I went:  70cc, 80cc, 250cc, 400cc, 600cc, 1000cc.  And that was over the course of about 10 years.  I wouldn't trust any new rider with my bike, come to think of it I wouldn't trust anyone at all with my bike.......maybe Zoney, if he left his daughter as a deposit.

The point is:  When you're learning to fly you dont get put in an SR-71 straight after your PPL test, you work up to it slowly gaining experience on various other less powerful types first.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2014, 01:23:31 PM »
 Swoop, you need to ask Zoney to leave his baby finger as a deposit!

Oh wait...... he did that already.... :devil

I'l never let you live that down Zoney! :rofl :rofl :rofl    As I pick gravel out of my left arm that has been there for about 30 years now and I still find a bit now and then!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2014, 01:54:34 PM »
I miss that finger.   :D   Glove looks really strange with one finger flapping in the wind too.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2014, 02:51:25 PM »
What Zoney said.  However, I am willing to admit that racing bikes don't necessarily represent the pinnacle of touring motorcycle technology.....last time I checked, Rossi didn't have heated handgrips on his YZF-M1 and I will maintain til the day I die that heated handgrips are the greatest invention in the history of motorcycling.

It was all different when I was a kid, the only people you heard of passing their tests and buying a ZXR750 were generally dead within the week, it just wasn't done.  When I were a wee lad we worked our way up to a big bike.  In order, I went:  70cc, 80cc, 250cc, 400cc, 600cc, 1000cc.  And that was over the course of about 10 years.  I wouldn't trust any new rider with my bike, come to think of it I wouldn't trust anyone at all with my bike.......maybe Zoney, if he left his daughter as a deposit.

The point is:  When you're learning to fly you dont get put in an SR-71 straight after your PPL test, you work up to it slowly gaining experience on various other less powerful types first.

Absolutely right, I went from an NS250 Superdream to a 400 Superdream (not super, certainly not any dream i was harbouring), NTV650, VFR800, VTR1000,ZZR1100, ZZR1200, T955,  CBR1000, CBR1100XX, ST1100 and another VTR1000
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2014, 07:11:42 PM »
I miss that finger.   :D   Glove looks really strange with one finger flapping in the wind too.

Atleast you can laugh about it! :aok

I pretty much followed the same progression as Danny and Swoop,first road bike was a 250 kawi,it was a silly little bike but I learnt how to ride on the street with it and I thought I knew how to ride from years of dirt bikes.

TBH I havent ridden in awhile,doubt I could hold on for long enough to enjoy it.