Author Topic: vTARD reunion  (Read 837 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
vTARD reunion
« on: November 10, 2014, 08:44:19 AM »
 :aok

Had a blast flying with a bunch of old squaddies who are in different squadsd now last night.

I think we had about 10 vTARD alumni on channel.  The base takes were fun because of who I was flying with but unfortunately we didn't see much defense until bedtime.

:cheers:
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
Re: vTARD reunion
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 01:59:01 PM »
but unfortunately we didn't see much defense until bedtime.

Just like old times! :neener:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 02:38:43 PM »
Hate to admit this. Your signature non stop NOE gang raids were sorely missed after a year or so. Playing Whack-A-Mole with the vTards filled up a lot of time and gave you something to look forward to if the map was slow.

Today, your missions would be a great source of combat and enjoyment.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 06:31:20 PM »
I think we had about 10 vTARD alumni on channel. 

And that only represents .0001% of the entire vTARD horde!

:lol  ;)

Kidding, of course.  Glad to hear of the reunion.  :aok
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 07:47:30 PM »
being a long time knight, it was hard to see you guys leave.  while the fun of overwhelming the opponent was unsatisfactory, the numerous fails made up for the fact.

Unfortunately, the reaction of the community was rash, probably a result of the fighter jocks, nevertheless, the reaction of jarro and the knight horde was simply appalling.  truly, fighting fire with a more intense idiotic fire was far worse.

Im left wishing the v tards were still around to fight the scourge that is the jarro horde.  a true clash of titans.  of which id be happy to dismantle the picking f4u.

:salute
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:49:34 PM by NatCigg »

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 11:53:09 PM »
Hate to admit this. Your signature non stop NOE gang raids were sorely missed after a year or so. Playing Whack-A-Mole with the vTards filled up a lot of time and gave you something to look forward to if the map was slow.

Today, your missions would be a great source of combat and enjoyment.

I never was a fan of the NOE raid.  Something about showing up to an enemy field with minimum speed and altitude makes it hard to do much of anything very well.

But a 30 plane formation of D3A1s coming in at 10K like in this video was definitely my favorite mission to run.
http://youtu.be/9eBpC3JMcGo?list=UUGJG5MO8EzB5HA4u6Q4QXow

I was guilty of coming in at 15k with a lot more heavy jugs / ponies than we needed and closing down the fields we attacked (suppressing a lot of potential fun).  Back then I was all about base captures.  I think we've all matured out of that.
Don't get me wrong, when I'd post a public mission the overwhelming majority of joiners were barely able to divebomb with any degree of accuracy so technically we did need a lot of planes to shut down a base and flag the town.

Unfortunately we hardly got any response sunday night until it was late and people were logging off to go to bed, the last rook base we attacked had a few defenders which was nice, but they managed to rally at least 10 more defenders which wasn't nice since we were down to 4 or 5 attackers including bombers and goon.

If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 07:14:47 PM »
Change that night to Saturday and it may be a whole different ball game.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Bellator

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 07:11:31 AM »
Yea, I had a blast that night but unfortunately had to log earlier than I wanted to.
We may have to plan some kind of outrageous onslaught in the future.
I'm sure Bustr and the Pigs would enjoy the entertainment. LOL
Good to have you back Rob52240...........