Author Topic: Drive to Capture Video recommendations  (Read 806 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Drive to Capture Video recommendations
« on: December 10, 2014, 07:01:56 PM »
I want a drive to record uncompressed video to. The idea is that up 500 GB (6 hours) of uncompressed video at 1080p 60fps will be recorded daily, erased, and then the same operation the following day for 365 days of the year.

Anyone have any recommendations?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Drive to Capture Video recommendations
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 05:07:33 AM »
Must not be a lot of experience with that around here, huh?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 06:21:17 AM »
Must not be a lot of experience with that around here, huh?

If it was anyone else than you asking I would have posted  :lol I know it would end up in an argument so I don't bother!
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 08:59:45 AM »
I havent had much experience with Video capture but seagate and Western digital both make a surveillance series HD ( WD purple and SG surveillance are the model names)  that seem to be optimized for Video capture .... might be something to look at.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 09:58:35 AM »
Chalenge, I use the Seagate NS and SV series of drives.  I use the NS for long term, the SV contains most of the temp data.  If it crashes, I am not out anything but another cheap drive.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 10:49:27 AM »
Security camera footage?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 10:13:29 PM »
Skuzzy, while I like the idea of cheap I cannot find enough of these drives in stock. I'm thinking about trying the 15k.7 and a VR.

If you know of a source that might have 90 of the NS drives in stock please let me know.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 10:55:11 AM »
For that kind of volume, try contacting Seagate directly and they will be happy to point you to a supplier.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 06:02:28 PM »
Okay. Well I ordered a few different drives to test. Thank you for your input. I probably would not have tried that one otherwise.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 12:10:01 AM »
Okay. Well I ordered a few different drives to test. Thank you for your input. I probably would not have tried that one otherwise.

Just out of curiosity what are you doing? Capturing video of 90 employees work day? :)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 06:22:38 PM »
If you can wait a month or two, then new “surveillance drive” series (MG04 series) by Toshiba might be the right answer to your needs.