Author Topic: Ending Flight while in motion in a GV  (Read 1106 times)

Offline TopGear

• Copper Member
Ending Flight while in motion in a GV
« on: December 11, 2014, 05:21:08 PM »
It's happened a few times when I've had my turret damaged, and if there's no supps around I'll end sortie.  But if your moving, sometimes it will give a ditch instead of giving the opponent a kill. Last night it happened 3 times in a row, the last time with damaged turret and upside down and got a ditch, not giving credit for a kill to other the other player.   Later in the evening I did the same thing and it awarded a kill. Not a big deal to me, but according to some of the angry and foul PM's I got after, it is to other people.  So why does it sometimes give a ditch, when most often it will award a kill to the other player?  I dont mind getting angry PM's and getting called a hack, just not over a glitch or whatever this is.

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
Re: Ending Flight while in motion in a GV
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 07:11:02 PM »
Keep calm amd .report on.
Don't mind the baby minded halfwits that do this. Let them be the ones to come here and complain about why and how they got muted for nothing at all and watch the fun.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 08:54:12 PM »
Keep calm amd .report on.
Don't mind the baby minded halfwits that do this. Let them be the ones to come here and complain about why and how they got muted for nothing at all and watch the fun.

hey! don't be talking like that! Those guys worked hard at their spawn camp and DESERVE those kills!   :devil

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 08:38:01 AM »
I am going from memory here, but I think a "Kill" is awarded only if your vehicle is deemed as no longer able to function.  Otherwise, a "Ditch" is recorded.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 09:49:22 AM »
I am going from memory here, but I think a "Kill" is awarded only if your vehicle is deemed as no longer able to function.  Otherwise, a "Ditch" is recorded.

I have taken one hit before, no damage, ended sortie, and then see "xxx" shot you down.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 10:01:15 AM »
I have taken one hit before, no damage, ended sortie, and then see "xxx" shot you down.

Yes, and the hit might have been deemed critical.  In a tank, armor being 99.9% damaged would be critical.  Like I said, I am working from memory here.  I could be in error.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 10:24:06 AM »

It all depends on where you are when you end sortie.

In friendly territory (closest base is a friendly one, this includes Task Groups!)
On pavement (town/base): You can always end sortie safely.
On other ground and undamaged: Safe landing when no enemy is around (within 6k). When an enemy is close, you will get a ditch.
Other ground and (critically?) damaged: Safe landing when no enemy is around. "Crash" when an enemy around, he may also get a kill on you when you are in proxy kill range. (If the player who damaged you in the forst place is still in sortie, he will always get the kill then, no matter which distance)

In enemy territory  (closest base is a a hostile one, again, this includes Task Groups!)

In all cases, it's assumed you are not moving when you end sortie.
Pavement: Doesn't matter anymore. It's always:

No enemy is around: Safe landing, even when damaged. If an enemy is within 6k, you get a captured. If he's inside proxy kill range, he will get a kill on you.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:27:56 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 11:22:56 AM »
Yes, and the hit might have been deemed critical.  In a tank, armor being 99.9% damaged would be critical.  Like I said, I am working from memory here.  I could be in error.

Yeah I know you are I just wanted to say.
It all depends on where you are when you end sortie.

In friendly territory (closest base is a friendly one, this includes Task Groups!)
On pavement (town/base): You can always end sortie safely.
On other ground and undamaged: Safe landing when no enemy is around (within 6k). When an enemy is close, you will get a ditch.
Other ground and (critically?) damaged: Safe landing when no enemy is around. "Crash" when an enemy around, he may also get a kill on you when you are in proxy kill range. (If the player who damaged you in the forst place is still in sortie, he will always get the kill then, no matter which distance)

In enemy territory  (closest base is a a hostile one, again, this includes Task Groups!)

In all cases, it's assumed you are not moving when you end sortie.
Pavement: Doesn't matter anymore. It's always:

No enemy is around: Safe landing, even when damaged. If an enemy is within 6k, you get a captured. If he's inside proxy kill range, he will get a kill on you.

Got it Snail. :aok
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline yb3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 05:06:29 PM »
I have heard of the Rolling Ditch before while damaged & tried to do it myself a couple of times with out success. I know of a few others what have done it.

Festers TT map with the 18k mountains surrounding it, You can take a ditch while getting bomb-tarted "comes in handy if you have a perk ride" panther Tiger etc etc.

PM`s i enjoy getting them. Makes my day and find them very amusing.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:08:40 PM by yb3 »
YB3
**Bad bellybutton Killers**

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 05:38:20 PM »
hey! don't be talking like that! Those guys worked hard at their spawn camp and DESERVE those kills!   :devil
:rofl
 :aok

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2014, 11:50:10 AM »
I have heard of the Rolling Ditch before while damaged & tried to do it myself a couple of times with out success. I know of a few others what have done it.

Festers TT map with the 18k mountains surrounding it, You can take a ditch while getting bomb-tarted "comes in handy if you have a perk ride" panther Tiger etc etc.

PM`s i enjoy getting them. Makes my day and find them very amusing.
wish I would have known they're plenty of times I had sometHing's to say to you!! LOL hehe jk bud
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 09:27:06 AM »
There are players that lose their turret or one track who quickly move their tank forward slightly and use the dot command " .ef" and are awarded a ditch before the next shot finishes them off. They have obviously practiced this maneuver for a very long time and have it down perfect. It creates allot of animosity amoung players that gv regularly. I count it as a kill and forget about it. This is probably something that has been in AH since the beginning and cannot be changed.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)