Author Topic: A different kind of video  (Read 729 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
A different kind of video
« on: December 27, 2014, 01:51:51 PM »
Someone on another forum wanted to see how I made my skins. Unfortunately, it takes way too long to make them (usually between 40 and 80 hours) so instead of live streaming like he requested, I made a time lapse of one of my skins from start to finish.

http://youtu.be/D6ceqitSYqU

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: A different kind of video
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 02:05:48 PM »
 :aok
-AoM-

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 02:15:08 PM »
That's a lot of work!  :eek:

:aok

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 03:21:27 PM »
My brain melted... :noid

For you 40-80 hours.  For me, 40-80 decades. :bhead
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 03:48:43 PM »
Someone on another forum wanted to see how I made my skins. Unfortunately, it takes way too long to make them (usually between 40 and 80 hours) so instead of live streaming like he requested, I made a time lapse of one of my skins from start to finish.

Had a feeling of headache/nausea by 2 mins in.
Definitely wouldn't have the dedication let alone the knowledge to make that. Takes too long for (imo) too little .  :salute

Superb job though.  :aok
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 03:53:44 PM »
Had a feeling of headache/nausea by 2 mins in.
Definitely wouldn't have the dedication let alone the knowledge to make that. Takes too long for (imo) too little .  :salute

Superb job though.  :aok

It was my first video so I didn't really know what settings I should record at. I didn't know exactly how long the skin was going to take so I had it set to take a screen shot every 15 seconds. That seems to have been a bit too long so in the future I may try 10 or 5 seconds. It will make the video longer but should make it a bit easier to watch.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 07:59:06 AM »
It's a little funny to me that you have to paint skins, but it's understandable I guess.

I don't know if HTC bakes skins for their default skins, but if so it should be possible to set up a queuing unit and then bake your base textures into their template while using their models. Development time would go up a little while developing higher details on the models, but the appearance would improve greatly also.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 08:12:08 AM »

Can't you use the shades map to extract the rivets? There is an excellent B/W map of the "elevations" that allow to extract the rivets and to use them as "dots"

I used it for several my skins - it makes the work way faster.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 10:53:02 AM »
Can't you use the shades map to extract the rivets? There is an excellent B/W map of the "elevations" that allow to extract the rivets and to use them as "dots"

I used it for several my skins - it makes the work way faster.

It does make the work faster and I do use that technique whenever I can but the textures for the B-26 had such low contrast that it was faster for me to just to them the old fashioned way.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 10:58:09 AM »
That was cool, great talent
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.