Author Topic: M3, Sd.Kfz  (Read 506 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
M3, Sd.Kfz
« on: February 22, 2015, 04:12:55 PM »
I have wished this before...but don't want to dredge up the old post.

I feel that strafing an M3 or Sd.Kfz should at least kill a few troops...these things are open air tops...I know troops had helmets but really?? Unless you hit an M3 in the engine they just keep going and the single fifty cal of the M3 is an amazing gun...have no idea why they don't use them in planes instead of the fifty cal they use in them now  (yes I am being facetious.... they just seem to do more damage than a volley from a 51) When the opposition floods the place with M3's there is quite often no stopping them..no problem sure but when you compare it to a c47 which falls apart when you say boo it makes no sense to me.... some troops should die..not all but perhaps 5..I don't know... this is my thought/wish for the M3...I can understand the Sd.Kfz being a little harder to kill out right however those little troops are still in the open top.... or harden the C47

While we are at wishes...I wish that a stopped Flakker had a D800 min counter.... D600 is just a nasty distance to suddenly see a flak... 800 will still be a nasty surprise.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: M3, Sd.Kfz
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 05:51:31 PM »
I kinda agree on the m3 troops dying thingy. But i strongly agree on the flaks vis distance. Also from looking at the New update films, the graphics seems like spotting gv's from the air would be alot more visible and easier. I know it wasn't so hard to spot in real life.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 06:53:50 PM »
Pretty fun when your  IL2 attacks a panzer and ping-ping-bang.  The single .30 blows u out of the sky while the supposed tanker manning the mg resist all the led the IL2 puts out...
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 09:21:21 PM »
Finally got a kill using those rockets.........strange that they shoot further when you're sitting still than when you are moving along at top speed.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 11:51:25 AM »
Finally got a kill using those rockets.........strange that they shoot further when you're sitting still than when you are moving along at top speed.

I wonder if the metrix used to fuse the rockets is a distance based measurement from point of firing. If you're not moving, the rocket "appears" to travel a greater distance than when the platform is in motion.

Testing required.... (it'd be a bit silly that a rocket would extend out less when at high speeds and farther at low speeds... wouldn't it?)

:headscratch:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 01:13:20 PM »
I think way back when.... the distances changed with movement...forward shortened the distance and backwards lengthened the distance... I will try and find the info on it...

Looks like the page with pictures is linked to wiki which is under repair at the moment... But it is definitely a back to front way you would normally think to fire them... forward is shorter than backward movement.

Damnnit...look what you have done...I've gone on the derail of my own post  hahaha
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:42:08 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 01:40:15 PM »
I think way back when.... the distances changed with movement...forward shortened the distance and backwards lengthened the distance... I will try and find the info on it...

I remember reading that wiki bit on the 251.  I THINK there was another bit by itself about how to use the rockets on it as well.  I wonder how much longer the wiki will be "under repair". :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 10:53:41 PM »

In real life this was an artillery piece when rockets were fired. No crew was in the vehicle when the rockets were fired. Why? Very simple the rocket blast would burn up the crews. So since no crew it never fired & moved at the same time.