Author Topic: Hey Bustr!  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Hey Bustr!
« on: February 21, 2015, 09:40:22 PM »
Could you send me a link to the gunsights you've made?  Thanks
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hey Bustr!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 12:25:46 AM »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 01:52:26 AM »
Thanks! 

Quick question, does file also include the B-25H sight that has range markers?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 02:01:42 AM by Ack-Ack »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 05:51:37 PM »
Here,

B25H 6000 yd sight and 410 5000 yd sight.

B-25H:   http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/6QzS4Xkw/file.html

Me 410:  http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/iNxB9l39/file.html

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 05:54:18 AM »
I wish and have wished for gun-sights to have their own section in the forum like sound packages.  Gun-sight questions comes up on a regular basis.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 12:12:47 PM »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 06:06:26 PM »
Point the pointy end at the red guy. Pull trigger, he go boom........ :O

Other than that, you have the gunnery manuals in my historic package. You have the all knowing of everything about gunnery with our game players in the Help and Training section. And even a few retired old timers who will chime in to tell you the information in the WW2 gunnery manuals is bubcuss because they say so.

Buy a thumb drive and keep all of your gunsight files on that. Then you won't loose them every time your PC burps.

Some day I should just post the mega zip file of all of my gunsights since 2005. Thar be some really fugugly ones from back then....... :angel:

In the end, gunnery between fighters won't really work very well past 400. Which means you need to learn a little ACM, a little back and face shooting, and understand snap shots are led with the upright bars of your windscreen between 200 and 400. And that 200 passing into 100 with wing gun fighters, your IP point is below the center of your gunsight. Engine mounted cannon with hood MG, more often you are hitting with the MG because the pointy end through the prop spinner is shooting from between your croch and low by 100 unless you set the HUB cannon to 150. Most of you don't even check this out with the offline target for yourselves............ :O

The 100mph principle works in Hitech's physics universe just like it worked in WW2. An explanation with pictures is in the AAF gunnery manual in my historic pac. Deflection shooting is very well shown with big pictures in the British pamphlet "Bag the Hun" in the same package. And those principles translate directly into Hitech's universe.

The offline drone circle won't teach you snap shots for the MA because the drones are flying 225-250 which is the 65mph principle or 70Mil gunsight ring. A little documented fact about the ETO. Practically all AAF fighters when delivered to England had their American gunsights pulled out and replaced with a British MKII with 100Mil ring. Because the American N-3 series only had a 70Mil ring which did not have a large enough Radius to lead shoot the faster moving 109 and 190. But you can still practice general deflection allowance shooting in chase shots 0-20 degrees off. The AAF manual and "Bag the Hun" cover this.

The 100mph principle is based on a 100Mil gunsight ring which was the standard for all of the WW2 air forces.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 07:20:53 PM »
Bustr what a anchor point of the community.. well written write up of al the in's and outs of the gunnery/gunsite issue.. be blessed bustr and continue with all your service to the community..
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear