Author Topic: Good Kill movie  (Read 196 times)

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Good Kill movie
« on: April 01, 2015, 12:11:46 AM »
Trailer for "Good Kill", release date 15 May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGGpSemB_hs

I think it will be interesting, can't say much else beyond that.  I will say that if you see the movie, think about the fact that the current duty tempo for RPA pilots and sensor operators is 12 hour shifts, 6 days a week, for 5 years.  Standard leave rules apply and there is no "training cycle" or routine down time, just continuous combat ops for pretty much the whole assignment.  And Gen Welsh just visited and stated pretty much "we know it sucks and we have no fix or good news for any of you here, so shut up carry on."  The movie will give a whole lot more context to anything you hear or read about RPA combat ops, even if Hollywood manages to booger up the realism.

Oh yea... leather jackets in the GCS = totally real.  Those things are as cold as a server room because that's pretty much what they are, a little server room people sit in to fly drones and look at or kill people.  That means you usually have to wear a jacket, and the A1 leather flying jacket is both comfy and an authorized uniform item.  So that part is totally real and not Hollywood dumbery.

Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.