Author Topic: No perk loss when losing connection  (Read 439 times)

Offline Alucard_II

• Zinc Member
No perk loss when losing connection
« on: April 03, 2015, 02:16:59 PM »
Theres very few things about this game that get me angry at it.
And BY FAR the #1 thing i absolutely hate about AH, that just brings my blood to a boil and makes me wanna punch a puppy, is dying when losing connection.

I dont lose connection often, only maybe 2 or 3 times a month. But when I decide to get a B-29, get barely above tree level, and then losing connection and dying because I have to go restart my network. And I lost some 150-200 perks because of something that I have ZERO control over.

All Im asking is, if theres a way for the game to recognize when I lose connection, and I die, I DONT lose perks because of it.
Thanks.
Happily confused and Insane.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: No perk loss when losing connection
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 02:27:30 PM »
No.  The unintended consequences of your wish mean that whenever you don't want to lose perks you could just pull the cable.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 05:57:17 PM »
I doubt he reasoned it that far since it was a wish concerning only his feelings.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 11:11:38 PM »
Theres very few things about this game that get me angry at it.
And BY FAR the #1 thing i absolutely hate about AH, that just brings my blood to a boil and makes me wanna punch a puppy, is dying when losing connection.

I dont lose connection often, only maybe 2 or 3 times a month. But when I decide to get a B-29, get barely above tree level, and then losing connection and dying because I have to go restart my network. And I lost some 150-200 perks because of something that I have ZERO control over.

All Im asking is, if theres a way for the game to recognize when I lose connection, and I die, I DONT lose perks because of it.
Thanks.

I understand your position on this. But the consequences far outweigh the benefits.

I'm being chased by 1 to 15 players, just got 30 perks worth of kills.  All I have to do is disconnect my cord and I get to keep my perks, and don't "die".  Whereas those players get robbed of a kill due to a loophole.

Heart is in the right place though.  :salute
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Cheyenn

• Zinc Member
      • virtual 97th Bomb Group (H)
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 01:11:51 AM »
I have to argee with Alucard II, and I know where you are coming from also Zoney and Tinkles.  You guys also have to remember that not of us playing Aces High 2 live in the United States. I for one live in the Philippines Islands where internet connections are so bad. All most every one in the Philippines who live out side a city have to use wifi. I just rid a ISP Globe whose wifi was only 1mbps and I didn't have internet connection 99% of the time. I now have PLDT Smart wifi @10mbps, still I get d/c a lot due to packet loss. There a lot of times after I landed I got d/c before I could hit end sortie and when I get back in it reads my AI crash my plane and therefore I get 3 deaths, now is that fair, or at times I take off and get d/c and by time I get back in the game it reads the same thing, my AI crashed my planes and again I get 3 more deaths, too me thats not fair, also I in the air and in bombers and I get d/c and by time I get back into the game some fighter jock got 3 easy kills. Now let me ask you guys some thing, if it was you in that position would you feel that it is fair for some guy in a fighter gets 3 easy kills on you when in fact it wasn't your fault for being d/c and you can't defend yourself?
I would like to suggest that if you get d/c, that your plane can not be hit or killed until you get back into the air, in which there is about a 2 minute after you come back into the game and the plane has fianally comes back into full flight and you can defend yourself. Plus if you get d/c and you do not make it back with in the 5 minutes allowed, then what ever points or kills you have does not count, instead all you get is disco count.
I know what you will say Zoney, however take into account that we all not equal when it comes to ISP internet conncetions.
There must be away to solove this problem. If not then maybe I should just quit playing Aces High and other like me with bad internet conncetions should all just stop playing Aces High. Then people like your selves will be happy.
v97th Bomb Group (Heavy)

"VENIT HORA"
"THE HOUR HAS COME"

Offline Cheyenn

• Zinc Member
      • virtual 97th Bomb Group (H)
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 04:43:12 AM »
I think you guys didn't read the the post right, what he is saying is why should he lose perk points if he gets d/c and can't get back in within five minutes. I agree on this if you get d/c while in flight and AH doesn't allow you back in with in the five minute thats allow then you should not lose any perk points. I had this problem once before. I took a flight of B-29's on a mission, did my bomb run and return back to base, landed my planes and had the engines turn off and just as I hit end of sortie I was d/c. when I got back in, it read my AI crashed my planes, well I check my score and bang I lost 3,000 plus bomber perk points and saw a number of deaths I had. I reported this to HiTech Dale and posted on the bug forums, Dale and Snailman checked it out and found out it was a bug. My bomber perk points was return to me. As for I posted early I still stand by what I said in the above post.
v97th Bomb Group (Heavy)

"VENIT HORA"
"THE HOUR HAS COME"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 09:49:29 AM »
And what about the guy who yanks the plug when he is about to lose an Me262?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 02:14:25 PM »
And what about the guy who yanks the plug when he is about to lose an Me262?

remember the auto pilot takes over and he flies at full speed with a slight climb, which in theory if he's about to die, yanking the cable wont save him.

the problem I see is that sometimes players get disconnected while on the ground and they end up coming back to a ditch.  yesterday I was in b26's, after I sank the cv, I lost connection due to so many people using the wifi at my house.  had to reset computer, modem and router.  by the time I came back my pilot had already bailed so I was drifting down.  I think adding a couple more minutes would help along with the if you are on the ground then stop the pilot from bailing out.  just let it sit in the runway until you get back, and if you get vulched, oh well, then so be it.

question is what happens the first or last couple of minutes when you are barely taking off/landing.  should the autopilot land you automatically if you get disconected?  again if you are getting vulched then so be it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.