Author Topic: Printers  (Read 317 times)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Printers
« on: April 10, 2015, 03:53:47 PM »
My old HP 1012 monochrome laser still works fine except not with WIN7. I bought a new HP Officejet Pro 8600 all in one March 20. Threw away my old scanner and fax and after less than 100 pages it tells me "cartridges damaged or missing" this was immediately after it did some update or other. Tech support was infuriating "unplug first from the printer than from the wall" why? "I don't know I'm not an electrician." So after more than 1 hour of moronic flash card chat I rage quit. Than after the concerned emails I called back and held my temper while unpluging both ends of the cord and obediently wiping the contacts of the cartridges, despite being brand new and installed after error message, just so we could get to the end. It seemed they thought they would be doing me an emmense favor by replacing the computer "for free!" but wanted my credit card number for collateral. I demurred and this seemed surprising to the tech as "most people don't have any problem with giving us a card number, you will have two printers until you send the old one back." I didn't curse but I did say that the last thing I want is 2 of these crappy printers, said I would call back if I wanted there "Free Printer!."

Sorry for the venting, my question is does anybody have a good printer all in one recommendation. I would happily spend 500 dollars if it would be reliable and not just an Ink Sales Device. The only reason I got an inkjet is that this one claimed 2500 pages per cartridge. Ideally I would like an all in one laser monochrome with a good price per page but when I look in the printer aisle I just feel like they could all be crap regardless of the price.
Pies not kicks.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
Re: Printers
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 04:18:14 PM »
God this forum was so much less boring 13 years ago.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 04:20:50 PM »
Whatever you do get a color laser, not an ink jet. They're not too pricey these days.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 05:43:48 PM »
I have an okidata C3400N network printer. Other then black toner refills, it just now needs a black drum replaced. And I forgot how many 1000 of pages printed on it. It is color too
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 06:39:57 PM »
English teachers everywhere are cringing at this sentence.  :devil
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 09:54:54 PM »

Could be worse, could always have the "MP's" back again lol. I also noticed I'm not on probation anymore, was only on there a year or two :P.
Oh, and to the OP, I always had good luck with Brother printers. It's what I use at the home office, it's a laserjet and I can't recall the model but as someone mentioned, they are quite a bit cheaper than they used to be. If you do a lot of printing, in my experience you can't go wrong with a good Brother laser jet.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 09:57:04 PM by Estes »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 06:44:48 AM »
We have a Brother at work and it has been a good printer.

I just jumped off the deep end and got a Canon MX922 (got a very good deal on it $100.00 new).  So far, so good.  The scanner has been flawless, so far.

Although there is one thing that bothers me about it.  You can use the wireless connection OR the wired connection (Ethernet or USB).  Not both.  I have not tried plugging into the USB port and using the wireless connection yet.  It might work.  I'll report later.

Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com