Author Topic: knock on wood  (Read 869 times)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Re: knock on wood
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 08:59:55 AM »
Bozoinga!  :neener:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 09:17:20 AM »
bozon,

Great tale!  :aok

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 03:58:56 PM »

Awhile back I posted my displeasure with The Bish, and how they refused to work together (save for a few squads). And that I had flown with the Nits for a few days and liked how they played. Many months later this still holds true. The team work and cooperation of the Knights is unmatched by either of the other 2 sides. And the stereotype I tried to disprove about them is true. The Knights tend to be "furballers". It's rare to even see somebody say "lets go take this base". But when somebody does, then we do it. The majority of the Knights would rather furball for hours on end. They would rather "defend" a field against incredible odds. It's pretty much true they have no real desire to take bases, unless it's going to promote a good fight, or piss off the Bish.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 04:46:58 PM »
As long as we knights never deack the base we are fighting over, the red guys will keep upping.

As soon as one of us goofs and deacks. First, the red guys stop upping, then we kill the field out of boredom. Then we disappear right when we could capture the field. One moment there was a horde of green guys. Then just as you see the flag go white and you yell it on range. No one is there. And the red guys are boiling off the field like a fire ant mound you just stepped on.

The above has been a normal prime time night with the knights for almost 2 years now. Lately we have been capturing fields because of really low numbers nights in the arena. Now the flag goes white and the red guys go fight the bish or rooks while a few knights straggle back and drop some troops. If the troop drop gets fowled up which knights are masters at, the red guys might show up again.

The absolute worst case is if the knights decide they can take that field with tanks because everything is already down. Those are the nights most of the knight air force is made up of a small number of furballers defending one field, and the rest no where to be found. Unless you look for an obvious spawn battle that ain't going well for the knights due to no air support. Once a knight trades his prop for a drive shaft. That's it for the night. This has been another trend with the knights for about 2 years.

The best thing about knights if you enjoy air combat, if the weenies will come down and fight, they don't survive very long. Everything else, ADHD keystone cops on steroids. Makes Latrobes fun missions look strategically inspired genius.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 05:49:23 PM »
      Awhile back I posted my displeasure with The Bish, and how they refused to work together (save for a few squads). And that I had flown with the Nits for a few days and liked how they played. Many months later this still holds true. The team work and cooperation of the Knights is unmatched by either of the other 2 sides. And the stereotype I tried to disprove about them is true. The Knights tend to be "furballers". It's rare to even see somebody say "lets go take this base". But when somebody does, then we do it. The majority of the Knights would rather furball for hours on end. They would rather "defend" a field against incredible odds. It's pretty much true they have no real desire to take bases, unless it's going to promote a good fight, or piss off the Bish.

that reminds me of when vdallas sent a message to waystin2 about base we had just taken.  vdallas announce that we were "not gonna hold the base for long".  not only did we kept it but took 3 more bases.  oh the pigs do like to make trouble :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.