Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Mitchell

• Copper Member
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2015, 07:48:46 PM »
Not entirely true.  I've seen 2 guys over the years that appeared to understand it, and still wanted it that way.

I didn't understand how they could think that way, but that was how they felt.

Wiley.

Maybe they suck so badly that all they do is HO and get themselves killed in collisions which they would like to see there other guy die from also?

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2015, 12:02:15 PM »
This old thing will help clarify the collision argument
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2015, 10:18:10 AM »
Why should my plane go down if I didn't collide?
... waits for the "because in real life...." answer. 

I wish there was for just a day that both would go down so I could watch the hilarity.  Much would be from the very people who WANT that model. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2015, 05:54:50 PM »
Somewhere a programmer is rocking in the fetal position.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2015, 09:47:06 PM »
If you've got film of that, I'd love to see it, and I know HT has in the past made changes based on a collision film that showed something like that.  I believe it was someone going head on in a deuce with a B17 (basically the worst case scenario for the collision model) showed something they fixed.

They're fairly adamant about the WYS(on your end)IWYG on the collisions.

If it said 'XYZ has collided with you.', you didn't get 'You have collided with XYZ.' and you took damage, far more likely to be gun damage just before they collided on their end that didn't give you a noticeable sound for whatever reason.

Wiley.

I've had it happen to me as well as recently as two nights ago. And it does seemingly happen fairly regularly. Though I cant really say the other plane is completely undamaged as I had no access to the other plane. They may have lost a tail wheel or something. I dont know. I do know I see them fly off,fight,get and land kills after my plane has been cleaved in two.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:49:06 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2015, 07:01:19 AM »
I've had it happen to me as well as recently as two nights ago. And it does seemingly happen fairly regularly. Though I cant really say the other plane is completely undamaged as I had no access to the other plane. They may have lost a tail wheel or something. I dont know. I do know I see them fly off,fight,get and land kills after my plane has been cleaved in two.
Even if both collide they do not necessarily suffer the same collision, so in your example his tail wheel isn't what tore you in half.  It is that you collided with a major structure, wing or such, on your FE and on his FE his tail wheel clipped your aircraft.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2015, 08:55:34 PM »
Even if both collide they do not necessarily suffer the same collision, so in your example his tail wheel isn't what tore you in half.  It is that you collided with a major structure, wing or such, on your FE and on his FE his tail wheel clipped your aircraft.

Oh I understand how it works. Im just saying it does happen that you and someone else will collide in a way that does send you to the turf while the other guy flies off and continues to fight seemingly unscathed.

Collisions can be annoying that way. even if you know how it works.
The most annoying ones are the ones where someone climbs up MY 6 and Im the only one that gets a collision.

You can see where there might be some frustration there. Your tooling around flying straight and true, even on autopilot and suddenly you collide with someone behind you
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2015, 10:18:03 PM »
You can see where there might be some frustration there. Your tooling around flying straight and true, even on autopilot and suddenly you collide with someone behind you

Is this a frequent occurance? Ya, it happens, but I can't even recall when to me.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2015, 10:51:23 PM »

Is this a frequent occurance? Ya, it happens, but I can't even recall when to me.

Oh it happens. Its happened to me in bombers. At first I was left there wondering how in hell I could collide with a fighter that ran into the back of my bomber when we were flying in the same direction and he ran into my rear at twice my speed?

Now? Ive learned to grasp the realities and limitations of the internet. Even more so Ive learned to not care. I think in a 1 on 1 dog fight where the players in their fighters both try and avoid ramming each other there is a pretty fair approximation of a dog fight. If anything FPS's are even worse.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2015, 11:40:15 PM »
Oh it happens. Its happened to me in bombers. At first I was left there wondering how in hell I could collide with a fighter that ran into the back of my bomber when we were flying in the same direction and he ran into my rear at twice my speed?

Now? Ive learned to grasp the realities and limitations of the internet. Even more so Ive learned to not care. I think in a 1 on 1 dog fight where the players in their fighters both try and avoid ramming each other there is a pretty fair approximation of a dog fight. If anything FPS's are even worse.
99% of the time I die from my own stupidity. The other 1% to haxxors :)