Author Topic: Ta 152  (Read 510 times)

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
Ta 152
« on: July 06, 2015, 03:49:09 PM »
Recently goofing off in this big bird, wondering how best to fly her.

For starters, I've quickly learned some maneuvers I can use in the other 190s dont transfer...like at all. Example, the vertical. In the past two days I have made quite a few meteors out of my 152s, sending them screaming into the earth nose up.

Secondly, as far as duelling/1v1, etc, what maneuvers would you suggest for getting the edge on the opponent, or am I limited to just nosing it and putting distance between us?

Any and all tips welcome!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Ta 152
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 04:11:03 PM »
There's a lot of adverse yaw from the long wingspan. Use rudder to coordinate your turns.  If you're getting too slow try to point a wing at the ground, it will help the nose drop.

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 08:11:26 PM »
Sage words indeed!

The TA-152 is a joyous, yet fickle ride!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 10:16:24 AM »
Stalling it completely at the top of a rope is an almost guaranteed extended tailslide into the dirt.  Keep a little more speed than you may be used to in other planes at the top of vertical maneuvers.

If you're ruddering hard to bleed E, it can depart flight occasionally if you rudder to the right.  You can do this almost on command if you put it down around 120IAS and kick full right rudder in level flight, it will lose lift and start flopping like a leaf.  It will not do this nearly as easily if you rudder left in the same situation.  If you see it happen quickly enough, you can rudder hard back the other way and it will correct.  You can almost see it 'catch' when the wings start flying again.

To recover from the tail first stall of doom, turn OFF the engine, don't just throttle back, and deploy gear.  Full rudder either side and forward stick, try to get a wing pointed at the ground to rudder into to get the nose down, and you should gain it back.  This seems to be about the fastest way to do it.  Once the nose is down restart engine and retract gear.

As far as actually flying it, it doesn't roll as well as a 190 but it does turn decently at speed.  Keep it fast, slashing attacks.  2x20mm and 1x30mm make snapshots work very well.  It's at its best hunting bombers by far, but is not completely helpless against fighters.  It uses the vertical competently but it's risky due to the stall.  Again, keep a little more forward speed than you would normally at the top.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 11:08:55 AM »
Very helpful information guys!  :aok