Author Topic: Scrap Strats wish  (Read 370 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Scrap Strats wish
« on: August 01, 2015, 04:02:21 AM »
I wish you would scrap the separated strats. Please bring back the large strat center, make the bomber pilots do the manual calibration, create industrial strength smoke generators for HQ, a resupply system that includes actually driving the trains, and give bomber pilots points just for hitting the city at all, but more points for hitting targets. It would be even nicer to have a strategic resupply complex that includes things like wood and steel mills, a major train depot, aircraft factories (with no tie to aircraft use), armor and vehicle factories, and loads and loads of guns.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Scrap Strats wish
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 09:45:42 AM »
Not meaning to hijack, but my take on a change to the strats would go something like this:

-Remove the stand alone city

-Replace each small individual strat with an old style mega strat (1 mega strat for ammo, 1 for troops, etc)

-Each of the mega strats would have their own city at the center, tied only to that particular type

-Each of the four strats surrounding a city would be of the same type (instead of 1 of each type, as before)

This way, there are more targets for the bomber guys and not all of them in one place, very far from the front.
Each strat functions as before, only each has their own city that only affects their downtimes.
Each strat now has 4 times the targets (plus its city) needed to flatten it.
The artwork to make this happen shouldn't be a big deal, unless the mega strat artwork is lost.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 11:17:18 AM »
Larger strats in general please.  Some of those aerial photos I've seen makes ours look a tad on the small side, too compact.

That being said:

Power Stations:  Everything that runs on ELECTRICITY, has NOTHING generating it.  For an affect: This could affect the auto-resupply rate of fields, and possibly add a 5 second delay to dot dar to linked fields.  Dar Bar would be unaffected since it's tied to the HQ.

Rail Yards: Yeah, rail yards. :)  This could affect the auto-resupply of strats/depots.

Supply Depots:  This could affect the auto-resupply of fields.  A full up Supply Depot would have full sized convoy's, where one that is "knocked out" would only have a few vehicles running supplies, if any at all.

:D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 01:42:20 PM »
I like the idea(s).

On a different note to Chalenge, I like your avatar, George Preddy's P-51. I'm from N.C. also. :salute

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 03:38:54 PM »
A change I want to see at starts is more heavily defended. Add about 30 88mm AA and 50 37mm AA guns around each strat. At the HQ, 50-100 AA would be nice
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 06:42:15 PM »
A change I want to see at starts is more heavily defended. Add about 30 88mm AA and 50 37mm AA guns around each strat. At the HQ, 50-100 AA would be nice

I wouldn't complain one bit. :)  I've always thought strats were undefended, compared to some of the photo's I've seen. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.