Author Topic: Nvidia Driver Problem  (Read 550 times)

Offline vgazoo

• Zinc Member
Nvidia Driver Problem
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:25:53 PM »
I have a 960GTX graphics card, and GeForce Experience software to update drivers for that card as they become available.  My present driver is 355.60, which works fine. Recently, Nvidia  provided an update  to driver 355.82. Upon installing this new driver version, I was unable to log on to Aces High, with my shortcut desktop icons. (Aces High icon was the only one affected).  Inorder to correct this problem, I had to restore back to 355.60. Is anyone having this issue? I have contacted GeForce Experience, and will relay any info I receive. Thanks, 1EAGLE1.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Nvidia Driver Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 03:22:05 PM »
I am running a GTX980 with the driver 355.82 and no problems. :headscratch:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 04:26:36 PM »
No problem here with the current drivers.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 01:41:05 AM »
GeForce Experience will update drivers without requiring a reboot, but you should always reboot after installing a graphics driver anyway. Aces High should work properly afterwards.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline vgazoo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 03:13:58 PM »
problem solved on one point!  It was SweetFX conflicting with the new videodriver! Had to remove sweetfx from the game inorder to be able to log on to Aces High.  Next question: can I, and how do I reinstall SweetFX back into Aces High? Thanks, 1EAGLE1.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 12:02:41 PM »
problem solved on one point!  It was SweetFX conflicting with the new videodriver! Had to remove sweetfx from the game inorder to be able to log on to Aces High.  Next question: can I, and how do I reinstall SweetFX back into Aces High? Thanks, 1EAGLE1.

For some that are having problems with the driver conflicting with SweetFX 1.5, you might want to try SweetFX 2.0 w/ReShade 1.0 (Link.  Unzip the files to your hard drive and then run the ReShade .exe file.  Point ReShader to your aceshigh.exe and it will put all the necessary files into the AH folder.  You'll now have a folder named SweetFX in your Aces High directory, that's where the new location for the SweetFX settings file and you will probably have to redo your old SweetFX settings file (1.5 templates don't work with SweetFX 2.0).
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 04:11:20 PM »
I will not update drivers if it affects sweet fx :old:

the majority of these updates are a waste of time :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario