Author Topic: Thurstmaster Warthog  (Read 388 times)

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
Thurstmaster Warthog
« on: September 28, 2015, 08:40:36 AM »
Got my Warthog, which has "hog" in the name, making it perfect for flying anything starting with "F4U" or my La-5FN Lavochborov.  Might even work on a B-24 Hogerator.  My first thought is to replace all of the bat handled toggles on the throttle with momentary switches, but if I ever use it for, say, X-Plane that might mess things up so I'm cogitating on it a bit more.  I'm almost getting used to having to reset switches manually anyway.

Has anyone messed around with switches 29 and 30 (I think) on the throttle, which are engaged by rolling over the idle and AB detents?  There are also settings for axis minimum, mid, and maximum.  I'm thinking these would be great for using the throttle(s) to toggle the engine start/stop and WEP, but so far haven't had a ton of luck getting AH to respond the way I would expect.

The split throttles work perfectly in a P-38 Lighthog; never done anything special with differential thrust in AH, but it might be fun to see how that impacts maneuvering.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Thurstmaster Warthog
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 10:49:51 AM »
I use 29 for engine stop. I have the engine  toggles set to select engine 1 or 2 (motor) and also start/stop (L-IGN-R) so I can start each engine with it's own switch. The APU toggle selects all engines. I use the china hat for WEP. Speedbrake for dive flaps.

Differential thrust is useful for post stall maneuvering and spin recovery.

Your WEP problem is likely because you need a throttle at 100% before WEP will turn on. If you use differential throttle with WEP mapped to MIN, move the throttle without WEP to 100% before you move the throttle with WEP mapped to 100%.