Author Topic: Map ".EF" to J/S?  (Read 440 times)

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
Map ".EF" to J/S?
« on: September 27, 2015, 09:45:30 AM »
Is there a way? Can't find an end-flight command in the button mapping options, and I'd prefer not to have to load joystick software if possible.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Map ".EF" to J/S?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 10:42:48 AM »
Sorry, there is no such mappable command. Programming a macro with your stick's software would be the only way.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 10:57:40 AM »
A workaround would be to program a macro into your keyboard, if you have one of those programmable gaming ones. Or the same with your mouse.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 01:09:26 PM »
That's what I suspected. Thanks for the confirmation.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 01:40:45 AM »
Simon,
Out of curiosity, what type of flight controllers are you using?

The CH products controllers are able to accept 2 key, 3 key combination key mapping commands in AH setup, with not having to use any controller software....unless hitech has changed it in the last 12+ years.....

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 03:36:04 PM »
Hey TC,

I just started using an X55, so lots of spare buttons. It's not a huge deal, but it's the only thing left I need to use the keyboard for so I'll dig into a work around or fix when I get a little time/motivation.

Simon

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 06:24:00 PM »
Hey TC,

I just started using an X55, so lots of spare buttons. It's not a huge deal, but it's the only thing left I need to use the keyboard for so I'll dig into a work around or fix when I get a little time/motivation.

Simon

You won't be able to map a button to your joystick to exit flight through AH's keymapper since there is no single keyboard command to exit your plane.  You'll have to use the X55's programming software to program one of your buttons with the .ef command or, as someone mentioned creating a macro on one of your mouse buttons (if your mouse supports macros) or programmable keyboard.  I use a logitech keyboard so I have one of the macro buttons programmed with .ef.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song