Author Topic: Please don't tell me...  (Read 3532 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: Please don't tell me...
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2015, 12:45:24 PM »
Am I the only guy in game that has a seperate head position that includes only the gauges? My forward/down view shows me nothing but the panel. At the click of a button I can read every instrument in the cockpit.

I personally see no need whatsoever for the HUD. It's pointless and especially gamey if clouds are going to become a regular part of the game (who cares if the horizon is gone if you have another one on the glass). You can manuver and fight in a WWII fighter in IMC.

That being said...I'm surgical with bombs if I'm able to start above 4k and maneuvering has little effect on my ability to hit targets as long as I have the appropriate speed when I release. I don't see how the HUD could make me any deadlier unless I'm releasing bombs at a ridiculously high altitude using it as a reference.

Same.  I have a toggle relative to my right thumb that allows me to glance forward and down for a quick review of the panel.  I use this often in a fight when I am fighting against an energy fighter.

Also agree on the surgical bombing.

I prefer 4K.  Speed 250.  45 degree dive angle.  I never miss if those three things are lined up.  It is when I rush a bomb that I miss...  One or two of those factors would be off.   
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
Re: Please don't tell me...
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2015, 08:20:39 PM »
You also can now set your default forward view angle. Simply press f8, pan down slightly for better instruments. Then save with F10.

HiTech

Cheers  :aok
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright