Author Topic: Patch 84  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Patch 84
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2015, 02:36:24 PM »
Microphone: 

Microphone (Turtle Beach PX11 Chat)

Drop Down List:

Microphone (Logitech Wireless Headset)
Line In (Rocetfish 5.1 PCI Sound Card)
Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
Microphone (Rocketfish 5.1 PCI Sound Card)

Microphone Connection:

Add on sound card = Rocketfish 5.1

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2015, 02:49:38 PM »
Tempest's canopy has no scratches.  Good for test comparison.  But unless there was different composition in the glass, then I would guess it was not included by omission.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2015, 03:02:56 PM »
Tried vox, tuned to self, no sound. Transmitted for 1 second, transmission icon showed for about 12 seconds. Game sounds work.

New flak works.  :D

this looks nice.  :aok :bolt:

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2015, 04:40:21 PM »
@Skuzzy: My vox mic is listed as "Line (3-MG-XU)" which is accurate.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2015, 07:40:07 PM »
715 reported a problem with trees when using zoom.

Offline using the beta3 terrain, I found that when in CMeye while using a random zoom setting, the trees do blink out as you change your distance. I didn't find this to be true of trees on the base but trees on the hills near v36 exhibit this behavior.

Yes it is a distance problem.  As you drive towards trees, near ones render, medium distance ones fade out, while far ones still render.  As you get closer, the ones that faded out to invisible suddenly pop back into view.  It's almost like the LOD range map for these trees is out of sequence.  The distance where they fade and disappear is about 2000 yds (when in T34 gunsight or commanders position on max zoom).  The attached image shows the effect.

On a different subject: this location semi-reproducibly hard crashes my machine:

-162839,2389,-194023,-1.6,-8.0,18.8
beta3
FOV = 50.5

Ground clutter in the area includes pebbles, cacti, and grass, but I've driven over those elsewhere without a hard crash.  The BCCodes are the same as I got before.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2015, 07:43:58 PM »
i believe if my memory serves me right this can be seen in a plane flying with zoom.  some trees fade and then reappear.

:salute

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2015, 10:22:43 PM »
For all of you who are reporting VOX not working. 

What device does it show selected in Options->Game Sounds, for the microphone?

What are the devices shown in that drop down list?

How is your microphone connected to your computer (what interface,..i.e. USB, Sound card (motherboard or addon))?

For the microphone, my only choice is "Microphone Realtec Audio."

That's the only device show in the drop down list.

Microphone is connected with the miniplug, like microphones have been connected since the beginning of time.

- oldman

Offline Smoke44

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2015, 12:04:27 AM »
My Mic setup is the same as Oldman731 and vox fails. Worked in the Capture The Flag a bunch of patches ago.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2015, 09:34:39 AM »
Some of the bombers do not have a hanger spawn.
Ar-234
B-17G
B-24J
B-25C
B-26B
B-29
Boston III
G4M1
Ki-67
Mosquito MkXVI
Tu-2S

The Tu-2S is not enabled in the GS4 arena.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2015, 03:43:57 PM »
I just got the latest update and was trying to get my framerate higher. I was adding and removing shadows and I get the error:

Could not load ERr = 8876086C

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2015, 10:29:43 PM »
The biggest default frame rate killer is the environmental map. Set it to none.

It's a good idea to update your DX9 files. If they're already up to date nothing will change but it's been helpful for others and can't hurt.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2015, 11:49:01 PM »
I just got the latest update and was trying to get my framerate higher. I was adding and removing shadows and I get the error:

Could not load ERr = 8876086C

That error is benign. It's reported whenever you change graphics settings and has been posted before.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2015, 06:53:49 AM »
That error is benign. It's reported whenever you change graphics settings and has been posted before.

I am not sure how benign it is.  Typically it means the video card has run out of resources.  I can get it on my video card, even though it has 1GB of dedicated video RAM.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2015, 09:55:46 AM »
Good to know. Yes, my card has 1GB also. I've never see that message unless I'm changing the graphics settings.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2015, 10:33:54 AM »
Here's one though.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. In this case "invisible.jpg" is worth 944 feet Above Ground Level.

That's how high the bailed pilot climbed to make this screen shot.
When flying or viewing the top of the tower as a bailed pilot or in a plane, if I'm looking up from about 800 ft., the whole tower disappear. It's hard to be precise in a plane, but it's about the same visual effect as experienced when as the bailed pilot. Looking down, the tower reappears.

If I use exterior F3 view as the pilot, I can look up and the tower will be there but if I'm using CMeye, then from the same spot looking up, again the tower disappears.

There's some degrees of leeway depending on how high you climb.

My other problems are the reflections washing out the colors and I'm having several other problems with reflection and shadows bleeding through as well as collisions with the clear portions of the textures.
I've already toned down some of the shininess (apparently that's a word) and most of the zbuffer issues but there's still work to be done after I play with the textures. I think I may need help with both at some point.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001