Author Topic: Kill stealing...  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Kill stealing...
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 03:46:07 PM »
Then they are the accidental steals.  I was in a very long 1v1 with a P-51 near our airport on the deck.  I could not get a solution.  In time, we were both dead slow.  He stalled and went in just as my squadie took off.  My squadie got the kill by proxy.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 03:48:46 PM »
If it's flying, its fair game. If you put enough rounds in it to get the kill, you will. If you didn't you didn't deserve the kill.

The only "kill stealing" that bothers me is when someone is shooting over my shoulder clearing my 12 oclock. With my aim, and flying the hog more often than not it some times takes a bit longer for me to finish of my kills. Too many times I'll get much more help than I need.  :devil

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 06:32:48 PM »
I figure it's like finding $100 lying on the street.  It's not yours until it's in your pocket :airplane:
AkCaine

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »
The best way to avoid your kill being stolen is to improve your gunnery skills so your shots do maximum damage and leave nothing left for someone to try and steal your kill away.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 08:43:35 PM »
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 08:47:20 PM by ghi »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2015, 12:25:20 PM »
Here goes the rant. I am not referring to swooping in after someone has worn a con down to steal the kill, a favorite of Skyyr's No what I am referring to is when someone calls out, enemy down, please leave it be. Today, I dove in on a 110 diving the field for a vulche . After warning those taking off, I followed the con across the field in a shallow climb to 1,500 and shot off his right wing just outboard the number 2 nacelle. I saw him yaw over nose down and was going down. Now the two guys I warned were now behind a p51 who was trying to save his 110 buddy by picking me (rightfully so) I Got a check six about the pony from someone and when broke and I looked back I saw pony in a lag turn. The two friendlies who were "on him" pulled away from the p-51 and into my former target in order to pump the him full of rounds and get an easy kill. Reality, they stole it!
End result, the pony gets me and I get an assist!
Now I expect crap from the enemy, don't really enjoy it but it's the game,  LOL.
But from my own side, the greed to get a kill above all else!
These two will never get a check six from me and I will watch them get shot down, vulched or what have you with nary a word from me.
For me, I learned something today. Next time I will hose the con till he bursts into flames or comes apart, so much for conserving ammo!
Furthermore before someone yells, SA etc. it was a fur ball and I knew someone was bound to jump on me, I just thought I would have help from those I helped not have my kill stolen!

Perhaps you do not realize that planes that just took off are unable to catch a pony that has so much e from a dive. The fellas that took off warned you of the second bird. You stayed on the 110 too long and paid the price. They saw the 110 and did not know it was down as it was still in the air.

When I get an assist on a plane that I shot the wing off of it does not bother me. I just like that if it is red it's dead.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2015, 12:30:11 PM »
I only steal kills from Hajo, Bushlt and Elvis.
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2015, 12:32:47 PM »
If it's flying, its fair game. If you put enough rounds in it to get the kill, you will. If you didn't you didn't deserve the kill.

The only "kill stealing" that bothers me is when someone is shooting over my shoulder clearing my 12 oclock. With my aim, and flying the hog more often than not it some times takes a bit longer for me to finish of my kills. Too many times I'll get much more help than I need.  :devil

I've done that exact thing. Usually with as few 50 cal shells as possible to ensure the lead guy gets the kill. I do not care who gets the kill, I do prefer the guy who did the work if he has been fighting a bird for some time.... Again if it is red it's dead. On the flip side I have shot a bird with no apparent damage and received an assist too. Just part of the game. Maybe he was pw or something.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2015, 02:21:06 PM »
I only steal kills from Hajo, Bushlt and Elvis.

Hmmm seems you forgot another player!!!   :noid

:salute

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2015, 07:23:00 PM »

Hmmm seems you forgot another player!!!   :noid

:salute

OK, forgot to say intentionally  :evil:
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2015, 07:24:15 PM »
Hate those cannontards that runs around and steal any kill they can, I hope u step on a piece of lego  :furious
 Multi cannon birds should be banned.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2015, 03:09:40 PM »
Think of it as a victory for your TEAM.

It'll save you the aneurysm.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2015, 07:36:59 AM »
There is already a "fix" for this that has been coded into the game. Whoever does the majority of damage up to the point that critical damage awards a kill (the point at which the wing fell off in your AAR) is the pilot that gets the kill. After that point you can stack damage on the plane until it explodes and the kill will not be awarded to anyone else.

So, obviously someone had already caused all the damage needed and your shooting just wasn't enough to claim the kill.

Pretty sure shooting half a wing off isn't considered critical damage in this sense. Same with an engine kill or a PW even though both are likely to result in a kill. Lots of people land or ditch planes with half a wing missing. Some planes like the F6F are pretty easy to land with half of *each* wing missing if nobody finishes you off. Shooting a whole wing or the whole tail off is critical damage. So is setting someone on fire, you can pump a bazillion rounds into a burning plane and it won't change who gets the kill (though it may actually blow the plane up sooner if he's trying to ditch or still trying to kill someone else). Not sure about shooting just the vertical stab off but I *think* that is not critical damage for this purpose in the programming. 

And putting rounds into an aircraft with no visible damage who is not currently being shot at is not kill stealing no matter how many rounds someone else as put in him before or after. The error in your statement is "someone had already caused all the damage needed". If they had caused all the damage needed, the wing would already have been off. It wasn't, ergo they had not caused ALL of the needed damage, they had caused MOST of the needed damage.

Kill stealing is irritating but not NEARLY as irritating is someone diving into your bullet stream out of nowhere with no warning so you killshoot yourself.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2015, 08:18:45 AM »
I figure it's like finding $100 lying on the street.  It's not yours until it's in your pocket :airplane:

And how many times have you seen a guy walking all over town asking every person he sees if that C-Note is theirs?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2015, 08:19:46 AM »
Hate those cannontards that runs around and steal any kill they can, I hope u step on a piece of lego  :furious
 Multi cannon birds should be banned.

And they love those guys that fly around and can't hit anything they shoot at enough to kill it.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba