Author Topic: looking for volunteers  (Read 789 times)

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
looking for volunteers
« on: December 29, 2015, 03:04:40 AM »
as the topic says I am looking for volunteers to do ride alongs . everyone has seen all the mistakes i am making so i would like to try ride alongs to see if this will help. does not matter what country or plane ,just someone who is willing to explain and talk about what they are doing in flight to help a player out. this will probably involve using  a private vox between us for communication. my hours will be from around 820 pm cst till whenever am. i am hoping this will take place in the MA or DA so actual fighting is occurring .
 My granddaughter Peyton has my flying frustrations, as you may watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBbfWxawqUw
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: looking for volunteers
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 07:25:04 AM »
My SA stinks, my aim is even worse, and I have a nasty habit of pretending that every plane I fly is a spitfire, so you'll develop atrocious habits watching me, but I am more than willing to go to the DA with you or TA or let you join my plane. If you see me up just let me know. In the meanwhile do a search for the barrel roll guns defence, rolling scissors, and high/low yoyo (I believe all this stuff is on trainers site) so I'm not speaking greek when we link up. Learning those three things will help you enjoy this game more. <S>

Edit... I'm also quite willing to spar with one of the trainers while u sit in their plane if that's more what you're looking for. If you haven't linked up with a trainer before, I certainly recommend their services!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 07:38:16 AM by Vudak »
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 09:51:40 AM »
Vudak since you've recently returned, come join me in the TA or DA

Mikev I'll be in the TA this afternoon at 4pm for a scheduled session with someone, but let's say around 6pm est if you're interested and available come get me... I don't mind letting anyone ride with me.... I do talk/sound funny over vox....it's that country boy hillbilly hick thing, ROFL

TC

Edit: if you're not able to locate the help threads suggested, I'll make a new thread with links to all of them...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:57:12 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 10:38:09 AM »
as the topic says I am looking for volunteers to do ride alongs . everyone has seen all the mistakes i am making so i would like to try ride alongs to see if this will help. does not matter what country or plane ,just someone who is willing to explain and talk about what they are doing in flight to help a player out. this will probably involve using  a private vox between us for communication. my hours will be from around 820 pm cst till whenever am. i am hoping this will take place in the MA or DA so actual fighting is occurring .
 My granddaughter Peyton has my flying frustrations, as you may watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBbfWxawqUw

You may want to wing up with a squad and work on wingman tactics.  You can learn a lot and you got someone helping you with SA and keeping you out of trouble.  You riding along in some other guys plane is not as instructive as someone else riding along in your plane.   I'm a FAA flight instructor and you learn more by doing not sitting there listing to someone telling you what they are doing.  if you are in someone else's plane you wont be able to tell direction of flight or speed or rate of climb, none of that is available in your view of the flight.

You don't have to join a squad just to wing up with one for a few hours.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 10:55:37 AM »
MikeV, you can certainly ride along with me, I am a Knight, an alt monkey, and a buff interceptor.  Come along for an hour of absolute boredom interspaced with a few brief moments of terror and exhilaration.

You will learn how to kill buffs at least, one more skill in the bank for you.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 11:16:44 AM »
Traveler's reply about letting someone ride in your plane and give you coaching tips is "Spot On" and correct, with regards to instructing another...

How ever, one can still gain some knowledge by riding with a Trainer or another player...just not really as productive

I'm still willing to let you ride along though, if you desire

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 12:03:29 PM »
Hey TC I'm going to try and meet up with you after I put the kid down tonight but that's usually around 630 or 7ish. Glad to knock some rust off and have you tell Mike what you did to knock it if you're still around.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 01:08:07 PM »
Hey TC I'm going to try and meet up with you after I put the kid down tonight but that's usually around 630 or 7ish. Glad to knock some rust off and have you tell Mike what you did to knock it if you're still around.

I'll be around....... fixing to run to town real quick for Mom, so I can get back by 4 to meet up for my scheduled session I have today

cheers

TC

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 01:12:11 PM »
good points all of you . 1 thing i will add is when i was with Muzzys squad he did a ridealong with me .his remarks were i need to work on deflection shots  but i was not an easy kill. i may have loss some of my defensive skills and need a refresher. i do know all the acms and bcms  but im not using them correctly is my guess.
  another part of what i am doing is i like the Danger Zone. i dont mind diving into a furball trying to help out 1 of my team but what happens is i miss my shot  then have 20 bogies on my 6 and they are all hungry. if you have watched all my videos you will see this but you will also notice that i dont back down from a 1 vs 1  but when the odds are against me i grow feathers fast.
  Zoney i probably will take you up on that. i need to kill a few more bombers. you alt monkeys remind me of a song in 1 of my videos i made for Scotty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_-TybkVbI0

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 01:25:22 PM »
record all your flights and review the film, you don't need anyone telling you what you did wrong, you will see it.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 01:33:10 PM »
i do record all my flights, i just dont recognize what i am doing wrong. i need to learn the pilots instinct and reactions.