Author Topic: Southern Conquest - Low Numbers Concern  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Southern Conquest - Low Numbers Concern
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 02:03:29 PM »
plane layouts look like a concern as well. Hurri2s and F4Fs vs 109s thats pretty rough.

I don't think so, for a few reasons.

It's not just Hurri II's and F4F's vs. 109's.

The 109's are E's.

This mix has run many times in "This Day in WWII:  Operation Torch" without problems.

In Scenarios, I think it is important to use the mix of aircraft that was actually there, with adjustments to numbers to create balance.  In Operation Torch, is was Hurri II's, F4F's, and Seafires vs. Hawks (for which we use P-40C's) and Dewoitine D.520's (for which we use Bf 109E's and C.202's as the best match).

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2016, 12:27:15 AM »
On the low registration numbers, something that might help.  I remember the Battle of Tunisia, the CO's on both sides fostered the individual squadrons to come up with period recruitment posters, sometimes representing the historical groups, fighter squadrons, tank regiments, etc.  We had quite a number of creative recruitment posters for both sides showing up in the general forum all the time.  There was a very immersive spirit for that scenario.  It was also very educational for those who were WWII buffs.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 09:59:14 AM »
Ill be a walk-on
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.