Author Topic: frame rate of 15 what up?  (Read 3950 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Re: frame rate of 15 what up?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2016, 06:37:32 AM »
Could you tell me which field you were at in the Beta where you were seeing the FPS on your box running around 100+ FPS?

Pudgie, if you go to A5 to the SE of the starting base in offline, this is what I've been using, it's a grass strip single runway base.

With the latest beta client, 1080p resolution, everything maxed with FOV at 106, I'm seeing 125 to 144 (max) once airborne in the area around the drones.  If I click reflections/environment back to 1, where I play in the MA now in AH, it's pretty much solid 144/max no matter what altitude I'm at.  I've been trying it with shadows off, as sometimes when in fights I find them distracting, and the FPS meter doesn't move off 144 with them off, and environment at 1 or 2, and at max, just the odd dip into the 120/130s on the deck.

At 1440p, I'm not seeing a whole lot of decrease in numbers FPS wise, while idling on the deck, all settings maxed, it's around 95 or so @A5 base, and once airborne, is averaging around 130 I would say, sometimes it'll max out at 144, usually around 120 to 130, which is great since anything over 90 to 100 is really hard to distinguish.  I just prefer 1080p as the targets are easier to hit in game.  Hitting F3 while in the tower at A5, you get a great few of the trees up close, they look really good.

The more I'm messing around with it, the faster/better it's looking, I'm very interested to see what furballs are going to be like around say a couple of CVs.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:40:29 AM by Gman »

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 02:46:21 AM »
Pudgie, if you go to A5 to the SE of the starting base in offline, this is what I've been using, it's a grass strip single runway base.

With the latest beta client, 1080p resolution, everything maxed with FOV at 106, I'm seeing 125 to 144 (max) once airborne in the area around the drones.  If I click reflections/environment back to 1, where I play in the MA now in AH, it's pretty much solid 144/max no matter what altitude I'm at.  I've been trying it with shadows off, as sometimes when in fights I find them distracting, and the FPS meter doesn't move off 144 with them off, and environment at 1 or 2, and at max, just the odd dip into the 120/130s on the deck.

At 1440p, I'm not seeing a whole lot of decrease in numbers FPS wise, while idling on the deck, all settings maxed, it's around 95 or so @A5 base, and once airborne, is averaging around 130 I would say, sometimes it'll max out at 144, usually around 120 to 130, which is great since anything over 90 to 100 is really hard to distinguish.  I just prefer 1080p as the targets are easier to hit in game.  Hitting F3 while in the tower at A5, you get a great few of the trees up close, they look really good.

The more I'm messing around with it, the faster/better it's looking, I'm very interested to see what furballs are going to be like around say a couple of CVs.

Thanks, Gman!

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 12:22:09 PM »
Maybe this has been answered, but will the 970 + cards work well enough in a pci 2.0 slot?
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 01:04:08 PM »
The slot version doesn't matter much enough to mention.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2016, 01:37:29 PM »
I'm running an eight year old E8400 4GB ddr2 system I upgraded to win7 64bit, and put a used $20 nvidia gtx 480 1.5GB ddr5 in. I'm running 1920x1080 resolution, 2048 texture, enviroment map 0, gamma 1.1. I have shadows, ground clutter, clutter in flight, reflections, and post lighting, disabled. Objective detail, and ground detail are both centered, while tree detail is a quarter of the way up from low detail.

For me the game looks very nice, and I have so far been able to maintain very playable frame rates (40-60). In fact if this kind of performance continues through the beta I just plan on spending around $150 on an upgraded video card until I can afford to build a new system.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2016, 01:54:12 PM »
I have a similar aged system to Sik with a slower processor, but better GFX card. 

With minimal opponents and action, FPS appears better than the current version.   Only dipping from 60 whilst over town/base or low level passes. 

I think the main issue here is that the new version relies much more on having a proper Graphics card, 2gb or more memory, where up until now the focus has been more on the CPU.  Now that HTC has given everyone access to Beta give it a go and tinker with the settings.  No point throwing your toys out of the pram at a first glance.   Progress and change for the better is a good thing and should be welcomed for when AH2 is dropped we shall go forward together into a brave new world of higher detail and enhanced awesomeness.
The Few ***
F.P.H