Author Topic: Film Viewer questions  (Read 462 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Film Viewer questions
« on: February 01, 2016, 11:02:12 AM »
I've played around some with the film viewer and haven't been able to make this work yet.

For example, let's say the film is of an aircraft or formation of aircraft in level flight.  How do you create a shot that starts some distance from the rear left quarter of the aircraft, and pans slowly around to the front of the a/c as it slowly zooms in?   I know I've seen this effect in videos before.  How is it done?

Also, if you have a film of a town being bombed, how to you get the bombs landing and exploding from the point of view of someone on the ground in the town?

How do you get an external shot of two aircraft taking off together, from the point of view of someone standing at a far corner of the airfield?   Or, better yet, from someone standing say, 100 yds to one side of the runway's midpoint - how do you pan, keeping the planes in the center of the frames as the approach your position, flash by, and then move off into the distance?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:17:23 AM by oboe »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Film Viewer questions
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 02:01:39 PM »
Press the "Set Up Camera Shots" button.  Press "New Shot".

If you can move the camera in the film to where you want to start and point it where you want, then you simply press the "Grab All" in the "Starting Camera" box.  Be sure the film is where you want it to all start.

Now move the film to the end, or to where you want to camera located, and move the camera there.  The press the "Grab All" in the "Ending Camera" box.

Now, if you play the film, the camera should move from the "Starting Camera" location to the "Ending Camera" location as the film plays.

You can tweak any of the numbers in the boxes to fine tune it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 02:31:02 PM »
Here's a link to an old forum post I made, when I first started playing with the film viewer. Along with what Skuzzy said, it should help.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,251448.msg3097500.html#msg3097500
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 03:03:14 PM »
Thanks guys, I have been playing around with setting up shots now.

Imadot, your YouTube video was blocked, and your webpage with the pdf document descriptions is offline.

Coupla further questions.

1) Is there anyway to get rid of the drones offline?  They generate lots of firing that is distractive to the films.   They appear at every base I try.  While changing them to all ground vehicles helps somewhat, they still draw fire from the base's auto-ack.

2) Is there anyway to modify an existing terrain to use existing aircraft as objects in the terrain?   My film is too lonely with my single a/c - I'd like to create shots that include other aircraft at the field too...

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 03:41:41 PM »
Strange. Not sure why my video would be blocked. ..maybe a soundtrack challenge. The document isn't mine, so can't help there. I can look into it later when I have time.

As far as the drones firing, I think you can make them tanks or something. But if you don't mind them  flying around, you can switch sides so they're friendly, then they won't get fired on.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals