Author Topic: Nostalgia Quest - Aces High 2  (Read 648 times)

Offline Peppers7

• Zinc Member
Nostalgia Quest - Aces High 2
« on: January 26, 2016, 11:46:39 AM »
I do a series on youtube looking at games that I use to play, and I decided to do one on Aces High 2 as it is a game I remember fondly from my youth. I'm quite happy people are still playing it, so I thought I would share it with you guys.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Nostalgia Quest - Aces High 2
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 10:07:01 AM »
Nicely done straight gameplay video, CzarPeppers. 

Re: the first mission, I knew you were in trouble when you decided to fly across the airfield AA a second time in a Sptifire!    I just knew an engine hit was coming, although I didn't think you'd last as long as you did.  One of my wings invariably gets blown or ripped of when I suffer damage in a Spit.

About your B-25 bombing run, did you know that after you drop bombs, if you stay in the bombsite and enter calibration mode again, you can move the bombsite around to keep your target in sight, even use the zoom key to zoom in on the target - that way you can see your bombs strike their targets real time, and I think it would make the bombing more exciting for the viewer.

Thanks for giving Aces High some more exposure on YouTube.  Your love of the game comes through.   Good luck with your channel!   

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 01:09:51 PM »
Will you be doing a film from the beta to show now and then?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 06:36:54 PM »
..combat stuff  :aok love it. Nice review think I detected a little of that Nostalgia in your voice when you first took off.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep