Author Topic: Anyone remember which side won these scenarios?  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Anyone remember which side won these scenarios?
« on: June 02, 2016, 02:20:05 AM »
Anyone remember which side won in these scenarios?

Der Grosse Schlag II (October, 2012)
Battle Over Germany (February, 2011)
Tunisia: Dawn of Battle (April, 2009)
Der Grosse Schlag (October, 2007)
Battle of Britain 2006 (September, 2006)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Anyone remember which side won these scenarios?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 01:40:16 PM »
BoB - Axis
DGS - Axis
Tunisia - Allies
BoG - Everyone won because everyone had fun
DGS II - Axis
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 02:44:08 PM »
Many thanks.

Do you remember which side won Battle Over Germany on points (regardless of fun)?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 11:11:58 PM »
Many thanks.

Do you remember which side won Battle Over Germany on points (regardless of fun)?
As far as I know the point values were never posted...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 01:05:19 AM »
IIRC the bombers took massive losses in several frames and I think the Axis won over all, however, I think Spikes is right and I don't remember the final numbers being posted.

That being said I was a B24 pilot in BoG and that has got to be one of the best knuckle busting, nail biting events I have ever flown in even if we lost.

Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 05:37:54 PM »
IIRC the bombers took massive losses in several frames and I think the Axis won over all, however, I think Spikes is right and I don't remember the final numbers being posted.

That being said I was a B24 pilot in BoG and that has got to be one of the best knuckle busting, nail biting events I have ever flown in even if we lost.

(Image removed from quote.)

I remember BoG being an Axis victory as well. I flew B-17s in that scenario and I have two overriding memories:

1) In an early frame, I was flying in a tight box formation when the first wave of bf110s rolled in on us from 10 o'clock high firing rockets and cannons. I have a screenshot saved somewhere of both of my drones on fire and the lead plane broken in half at the midsection. I literally went from three 100% planes to the tower in the first half-second of that engagement.
2) In the last frame, as we were nearing target, my drones had been shot away and I was reduced down to one bomber. That one lead plane then proceeded to take an absolute beating as I had multiple gun stations, fuel hits and control surfaces shot to pieces. As I was attempting to defend myself, I felt the bomber suddenly lurch upwards and begin to roll to its left side. I immediately jumped into the pilot position to attempt to right myself, but the controls were no good. The image of the main bomber group steadily trudging its way to the target  as I fell out of formation remains quite vivid with me. I went into a near-death roll with two or three bandits trailing to finish me off. Apparenty writing me off, they left and I was able to get myself under some sense of control. Putting it on the deck to avoid radar, I made back for home flying for what seemed like hours at a reduced speed due to drag from my rudder wobblings. I think I took so long the frame ended while I was still in the air, but I'd be danged if I was going to bail. Finally landed successfully after much strain and nervous anticipation.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 05:58:28 PM »
Awesome!  :aok