Author Topic: Field of view settings for Cockpit view  (Read 929 times)

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
Field of view settings for Cockpit view
« on: March 29, 2016, 05:27:57 PM »
OK, I cannot seem to find the right Field of View setting for running at 1920x1080 HD on a 24in monitor. The more I raise the field of view setting, the worse the graphics are in the game. I have it set for 106 now which give me the ability to see my ammo loadout in the cockpit, but again, the game graphics seem worse than at 80 on the field of view settings.

Also, is there a better sound pack available? The default one is terrible. AND, my frame rates are much lower than in AH2.

My PC:
Quadcore Intel at 3.8Ghz
8G Ram
Solid State HD
Nvidia EVGA GTX 760 (2G) video card
Asus 24in HD monitor

Thanks,
HamrDown

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Field of view settings for Cockpit view
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 06:56:41 PM »
Post your dxdiag. I have the same video card and a 24 inch monitor with a Core Duo 3Ghz CPU. My FPS at 4096 is 40-60 depending on the structures close around me. Try turning off AA in the game graphics. That made the graphics crisper and gave back 2-3 fps.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 10:06:18 AM »
120 FOV for the win.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 02:44:29 PM »
. .  . The more I raise the field of view setting, the worse the graphics are in the game. I have it set for 106 now which give me the ability to see my ammo loadout in the cockpit, but again, the game graphics seem worse than at 80 on the field of view settings. . .

Exactly.   It is as if you need glasses then took them off.  Out of focus looking.

Many revisions back, it was not this way.  The cockpit graphics were stunning in all FOVs.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 02:51:40 PM »
Exactly.   It is as if you need glasses then took them off.  Out of focus looking.

Many revisions back, it was not this way.  The cockpit graphics were stunning in all FOVs.

Turn off Anti Alias in the post lighting options, and I bet you will see what you are used to.

HiTech

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 04:38:13 PM »
Bingo! Turned off AA and now looks good and better FPS. Thanks!
 :aok
HamrDown

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 06:59:49 AM »
Turn off Anti Alias in the post lighting options, and I bet you will see what you are used to.

HiTech

I did turn off  Anti Alias in the post lighting options HiTech.  It does help greatly as you lower the FOV values closer to Beta default but has much less effect as you approch AH2 values that most are use to in AH2. 

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:02:18 AM by Randy1 »