Author Topic: Sound Card Upgrade  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
Re: Sound Card Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2016, 02:20:05 PM »
Let me know how you like the new card .... i have an Xfi Extreme music that is so old its turned grey. Hasnt broke so havent fixed it lol.

I was in GV battles for a couple of hours in AH2 last night and found the 3d quality of the sounds from this card (SBz) to be much better than my X-Fi extreme gamer. I could tell where other GVs were much better by sound than with the X-fi. I haven't tested this out sufficiently in AH3 yet.

What I have noticed in AH3 is better sound quality. For example in AH3 the track sounds of a tank tread change with the surface (e.g. grass vs gravel). Could hear the difference with the X-Fi card but it is much clearer with the SBz.

The only issue I have had is with the microphone that comes with the card. I think it's a matter of positioning it correctly and getting the right settings in the SB control panel. But you can use any microphone.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: Sound Card Upgrade
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 02:02:22 AM »
I was in GV battles for a couple of hours in AH2 last night and found the 3d quality of the sounds from this card (SBz) to be much better than my X-Fi extreme gamer. I could tell where other GVs were much better by sound than with the X-fi. I haven't tested this out sufficiently in AH3 yet.

What I have noticed in AH3 is better sound quality. For example in AH3 the track sounds of a tank tread change with the surface (e.g. grass vs gravel). Could hear the difference with the X-Fi card but it is much clearer with the SBz.

The only issue I have had is with the microphone that comes with the card. I think it's a matter of positioning it correctly and getting the right settings in the SB control panel. But you can use any microphone.
Thx for update.... its time for my old xfi to retire lol. thx for the details <S>