Author Topic: sinking a ship from a ship or shore battery-no score  (Read 642 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
sinking a ship from a ship or shore battery-no score
« on: May 24, 2016, 02:03:09 AM »
this has probably been asked and answered-when we ship ships from another ship or shore battery or destroy sb's and towns and bases, how come no score. planes get score when they sink a ship-I haven't noticed if ship gunner gets a score for shooting down planes..nothing mean here  just asking.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: sinking a ship from a ship or shore battery-no score
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 02:48:53 AM »
All gunners are for glory only.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 02:16:06 PM »
You also don't earn perks for using the guns, which might be why they aren't in the score system either.

All gunners are for glory only.

Perhaps a worthy wishlist item might be for a system message when someone sinks a ship: "SYSTEM: [Player X] has sunk an Aircraft Carrier"

Provides a "name in lights" factor for those who participate in naval battles.  Sinking enemy ships is largely a thankless task for ship/shore-battery gunners.

Just an idea...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 02:19:58 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 05:57:55 PM »
I scored damage points from gunning in the shore battery but nothing in lights cause they usually kill my guns
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-
               Wait n Bleed