Author Topic: gunsights ?  (Read 572 times)

Offline lsgs

• Zinc Member
gunsights ?
« on: May 20, 2016, 01:27:19 AM »
hello, i had to redo my computer, new video card , new drives etc and in doing so i was unable to retain old data, so i had to wipe existing drives, ,the backups i did have didn't have what i needed mainly aches high and the extra gunsights, i need the p51 gunsight and cant find it, can they be downloaded from the forums/ or who has them? or can someone email them to me,,,, thanks,

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: gunsights ?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 05:00:47 AM »
You can download a sight pack from our squadron site. The pack includes a random selection of sights. Cant remember where they all came from, but I do know a few are from Bustr's historic pack. Feel free to use them.

http://blackwidows.co/download/all-sights/
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 06:38:03 AM »
I gather the bitmap files got into the AH gunsight folder. What happens to the text files?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 10:39:10 AM »
I believe all of bustr's historic sites made it into AH3. Download and install the beta and then copy the guns it's folder over to AH2.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 11:47:52 AM »
Remember with my gunsights there are two files of the same name you have to copy to your sights directory. The bitmap and the size control file. Below is an example:

gunsight.bmp
gunsight.mil

Without the mil file the bitmap will show up too tiny to use.

If you have installed the latest beta, another choice is to copy the beta sights directory, then rename the AH2 sights directory and paste the beta sights directory into the Aces High directory. What will happen, is every single airplane or gun position with an optical gunsight in the AH2 game will have it's historic gunsight assigned to it.

As for P51 gunsights, which P51 gunsight? There were many over the last 15 years.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lsgs

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 11:24:46 PM »
thanks for all the help , but i found what i was looking for in some old saved files, its called the p51d dive bomb sight d i'll see if i can upload a pic of it here [img][/]. well i guess i dont know how to put an image in here