Author Topic: Is there a Who's Flying Now feature anywhere on the Web Page?  (Read 464 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Just wondering.  Seem's like a good idea if not.  Would certainly help me decide whether or not to click the Start-Game icon. :airplane:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Is there a Who's Flying Now feature anywhere on the Web Page?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 03:12:15 PM »
Nope, only way to find out is to log on and checked the roster.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 01:11:15 AM »
Recently requested a smart phone app for this feature.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 01:45:28 PM »
Just wondering.  Seem's like a good idea if not.  Would certainly help me decide whether or not to click the Start-Game icon. :airplane:

the irony would be for a whole squad to be checking the bbs waiting for a squadie to log in and nobody does.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 02:05:54 PM »
Who's flying?  Not a bad idea, but more general terms would interest me as well and possibly encourage my participation more.

I like the country / war stats:  Bish own Rooks own Knights own categories along with number of bases and number of players per side.

The down side of too much information, like yesterday:  If I had known HQ was down for 76 minutes, I definitely would not have logged in until maybe couple of hours later, and then if I hadn't become pre-occupied by something since.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 02:13:10 PM »
Don't squads text and phone each other these days to coordinate showing up? Every time a wish of this nature comes around, some of the reason are in vein of players wanting to be able to not have to log into the game to find out something is not to their liking. The current terrain, a player or squad they don't like, how the fronts look, and the arena numbers.

I've always suspected a feature like this has not been offered so you will log in to check these things which more often than not, you will up one or two sortie before logging out. Bodies taking part in action in the MA tends to attract more bodies to take part in the action.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 03:19:03 AM »
Good point Bustr.  I agree if an app were needed it would be one promoting action.  Something like:  enter this dot command and receive the daily achievement challenge, "shoot down 5 planes while flying a F4F-4".  Or "Carry 3 field supplies to any damaged field".

But back to the OP request I say that numbers for each country could be encouraging rather than complete roster,  but don't see where the roster would hurt either.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 09:45:03 AM »
I'd rather see a clipboard map up with no dot dar just red dar showing where there are fights...clipboard map would be from a 4th country perspective but only so you can judge if the fights are worth logging on for...some maps don't provide like others. You'd be able to check roster as well.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"