Author Topic: Beta AvA Schedule  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta AvA Schedule
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 06:09:48 AM »
Loaded at 3:40 pm EST and ran smooth as a baby's bottom  :aok

That was after Hitech fixed the server and we managed a smooth upload.

That guy continues to impress. The path string with the / instead of a \ should have been a problem but isn't because he catches it before it can run amok. If you've ever done any code, you know how unusual that kind of thoroughness is. I certainly don't go to that much trouble!
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 06:45:59 AM »
Everything I took out is back in. I even took the time to add more GV spawn points in the Ardennes for Operation Bodenplatte.
You might know it as The Battle of the Bulge or The Legend of Y-29, and yes, Y-29 and the Ardennes both show on the CBM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Channel Battle

Even though I'm anxious to do the follow-on setup, this one didn't get a chance to run what with the server issues, so I'm going to let it run another week.
Starting today, Thursday, June 23 and running the rest of this week and next until Tuesday July 5th, it's Channel Battle.

Now this doesn't mean that Thursday Night Tank Battle won't run, it WILL at 8pm EST TONIGHT.
Also, next Tuesday Night will be the delayed Bomber mission to blow up the V2s at Peenemuende.

It means that the rest of the time, when we don't have an "Event Night" running, you will find the standard AvA setup available in the Beta. Well, for the most part. This is Beta afterall so I've opened things up a bit. Things like Protect Objects is off and the icon range is 3k like the SEA. It's all detailed in the Message Of The Day.

I've opened up a couple more fields after noticing some people like blowing stuff up while waiting for someone else to come in. A182 is nearest to Antwerp and has 110s and a Stuka. Go blow up the marshalling yard and the (1945) Allied Supply Depot at North Antwerp. Enjoy.

All the toys are included in the terrain again!

Now that everything is working again, I can concentrate on fixing the city ground. Use zoom in the meantime to hide the water.

See you in the AvA Arena!

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 11:48:23 AM »
I hear Jaws theme.

.... anyone ever notice how a 38 looks like 2 sharks  :devil
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 05:54:09 PM »
That was after Hitech fixed the server and we managed a smooth upload.

That guy continues to impress. The path string with the / instead of a \ should have been a problem but isn't because he catches it before it can run amok. If you've ever done any code, you know how unusual that kind of thoroughness is. I certainly don't go to that much trouble!

Are you saying the "/" was user error?  If so then, yes, I am enormously impressed Hitech actually catches incorrect directory separators and fixes them.  One of the reasons I hate writing code for others to use is that they immediately break it and catching all the possible mess ups beforehand is more work than the original code.