Author Topic: System requirements  (Read 7997 times)

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: System requirements
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2016, 04:09:17 PM »
To prolong the life of your ssd, use a hdd for AH/Beta. You can install it where ever you want to, but there's known issues in certain locations.

I believe the Beta will "default" your graphics settings. I've been using the same settings since early Alpha so my memory may fail... IIRC you also can reset the video settings by deleting the "video8.cfg" file in the settings folder of the Beta (works for AH2, too, if needed)
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2016, 04:15:15 PM »
Awesome.  Thank you for the information.  I'll get it installed onto one of my HDD's then. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2016, 07:43:17 PM »
Windows arghhhhhhhh   I've just got 8.1 running as good as it can for a mobile application system rather than an operating system.

A reminder from Microsoft keeps popping up telling me my windows 10 version is ready for download and upgrade.  It ain't happen'n in my lifetime.

Beta is running fine with 8.1 which I find surprising. I do wish they'd have enhanced XP rather then design new systems for applications.

Anyone running Beta on XP?  If so how is it performing?

Get rid of windows 8 ASAP. It's garbage. This laptop I bought from a buddy had windows 8 on it. I wiped it, did the free upgrade to 10, and it's miles ahead of that stupid squares and phone-screen looking garbage. It's basically a throwback to windows XP/Vista/7. Start menu, desktop icons, It's all there man.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2016, 01:55:31 PM »
So I just got another 970 installed.  Do I still need to turn off SLI to run AH3 properly?
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2016, 12:04:25 PM »
Guess I just answered my own question.  Decided to run Beta 9 & 11 with SLI on, doesn't even recognize that I have a 2nd VC. :(
HiTech

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2016, 12:28:16 PM »
It is not supposed to recognize a second video card.  That is the point of SLI. It is supposed to look like one video card.  However, the SLI profile for Aces High, as it ships from NVidia is woefully inadequate for AH3.  Probably will do more to hurt performance than help it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2016, 03:11:42 PM »
OR try to setup your own profile. I outlined this already, but for the beta you might just wait until Nvidia can be motivated to release an official profile.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,376532.msg5015675.html#msg5015675
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2016, 03:48:39 PM »
Guess I need to get used to SLI's ways.  With Crossfire, when I had it turned on it would read as me having 4G of VRAM, 2G when it was off.  Yes, weird since I was using 5770's which are 1G cards (I didn't have an integrated VC on my previous board either).  Was kind of expecting it to do the same in AH2 and Beta with SLI, which is why I pointed it out.

I'll cut SLI anytime I run AH.  The 2nd 970 is not intended to be a permanent setup, as I plan on getting a 1080 later on.  Friend had a spare 970 after he went with the 1080. :D
HiTech