Author Topic: Buzzsaw map....  (Read 4630 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Buzzsaw map....
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 12:37:34 PM »
The daily bish knit hit on the Rooks leftt us with no ports as prime time began.  This map has some good idea but needs work.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 01:49:05 PM »
I kinda thought it needed some more air bases and maybe closers together...I dug
The multi spawns and different new concepts
Definitely a GV ers  map..I liked it..good to see something new. Different..is this from HITECH or player made does anyone know
More new maps would definitely spice things up...along with more new players..
Great work
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 01:19:40 PM »
The daily bish knit hit on the Rooks leftt us with no ports as prime time began.  This map has some good idea but needs work.
Oh so now the knights and bish tag team the rooks....wait wasn't someone saying the other day about an alliance between Rooks and knights against Bish???
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 02:23:07 PM »
Don't forget the Bishop-Rook alliance.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 02:34:34 PM »
on the nights we need no alliance.  we have cybro preparing attack plans for us. that way we don't fight among ourselves on who's in charge.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2016, 04:07:48 PM »
Looked like a great map, only able to be on it twenty minutes.  Any map that only takes the dominant numbers side even with a 15 eny 6 hours to roll it lacks something.  The evening players missed it completely and will have to wait for the next rotation.  From what little I saw and the 2 sorties I was able to play, the map looked great. Lots of open GV areas, less trees, more hills, close spawns, everything the wishlist seems to be asking for.

There have been a number of players that have a plan, and execute it.  The same sort of mindset that destroyed HQ over and over.  To further magnify the result, players enjoy being able to WIN, and I fear more and more players are joining with the side that is most prepared to do just that.  I don't mean that they jump sides to do it, I mean they have readily identified a side that is "ORGANIZED" and they have joined that side.

ENY has not been the answer.  But the problem is clearly defined.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2016, 04:09:55 PM »
Actually in all my years as a bish I thought the rooks were full of it and the alliance was between nit and rook but in the last two days for the hell of it I've been a rook and we were double teamed from nit and bish which split our minimal forces in two long story short I died 47 times in 30 min fighting the nit front being vastly out numbered sucks but it was good to see some old foes in green and chat
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2016, 06:54:49 PM »
Scott, it is not even the double team.  Although the double team is ALSO a result of the ORGANIZED 3rd chess piece.  It goes like this.  One team swoops in and gains an early advantage (amplified by strat downtimes) and begins working the base capture.  The easy target (ie. chess piece with least players or the base with the least effort to take like ports) is top on the "WIN" team's agenda.  Success of the chess piece gains momentum and players stay logged in longer

On the flip side, as you experienced, once your entire team is delegated to defend or even worse don't care (the majority at least say so) frustration sets in and players log off, or sometimes even preferring to join one of the aggressive chess piece teams. If you stick it out, seeking the fights that you signed up for, you begin to explore the other chess piece's defenses, good of all concerned to be dammed.  There you go, a double team.

I warned of this back in beta, only not as detailed as now.  I saw certain individuals sharpening their base grab intelligence and picking up on any faults of the map design meant to balance chess pieces.

To keep on topic, Buzzsaw is a wonderfully planned map.  It reminds me of Grinder, in that it was popular but never survived for long.  The problem that I perceive is the way the 3 chess piece system rewards the chess piece that is better at acquiring and maintaining superior numbers.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 07:01:22 PM by Chilli »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2016, 10:53:59 PM »
What is the distance from land when you set a CV course that triggers the too close to land warning?

If this is what you guys are really looking for right now, I made a trench boo boo on my terrain with the elevation tool, and not having to fill it in will save me a whole lotta work.
Well, from what I saw, dont believe the this point crosses land warning was turned off! :x Had a fleet cut right through the port and continue for about 2 miles. Saw it again later but not as dramatic a mistake. I heard some saying there was a problem with the ports and fleets, think the bish had every fleet at one point but only owned one port? Think it was on the Buzzsaw map anyway.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2016, 01:55:02 AM »
Need shore batteries at all of the bases.
"One-Eye"

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 12:00:29 PM »
I didn't like it when I first saw it, I generally dislike symmetrical maps,  But I ended up enjoying it, lots of high bases so lots of bombers to chase.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2016, 03:01:54 PM »
Oh so now the knights and bish tag team the rooks....wait wasn't someone saying the other day about an alliance between Rooks and knights against Bish???

No, it has zero to do with any kind of alliance.  It just number of players, and time of day.  Rooks have fewer players during the day some days meaning their bases and strats are easier to hit.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2016, 10:32:38 AM »
The center of the map has a nice layout to get a big fight going.  I can see there being a problem when these bases belong to one country.  Everything on the outside is spread out quite a ways.

Would like to play it this weekend if i get time with some numbers online.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 08:00:52 PM »
Yeah, again, I just don't understand why we have to make the bases so far apart. A tiny bit shorter bases distance makes a HUGE exciting gameplay difference.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 09:48:21 PM »
Well this map were playing now looks great. It looks just like North Africa type terrain.

Actually I think the game looks great period. AH III is everything I wanted and more. Now I just want to hear the players coming back.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"