Author Topic: Someone please send a field crew out to cut down some trees  (Read 586 times)

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
Someone please send a field crew out to cut down some trees
« on: August 20, 2016, 09:24:24 AM »
When manning the 88 AA there are trees placed right up near the guns. This leaves a very large area that the guns can not cover. Trying to shoot through the trees results in you blowing yourself up along with the gun. (Did that) This large gap allows for low flying aircraft and tanks to slip through unchallenged.

So please send out the ground personnel to cut down these trees.

Thank you,
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Someone please send a field crew out to cut down some trees
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 12:00:21 PM »
I am nut sure if B29s will be limited to the bigger fields.  If not, there will be some perks lost when they find the trees at the end of some runways.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 12:06:19 PM »
Which 88?

HiTech

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 12:13:09 PM »
I am nut sure if B29s will be limited to the bigger fields.  If not, there will be some perks lost when they find the trees at the end of some runways.
:airplane: You are right Randy1, there are going to lots of crashes on the end of runways because someone set trees to close to end of runway. I have flown off of a lot of WW2 fields down south and they all had "clear ways" cut at the end of runways, just for that reason!
They still have a lot of work to do before this version is ready for use!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 01:04:43 PM »
:airplane: You are right Randy1, there are going to lots of crashes on the end of runways because someone set trees to close to end of runway. I have flown off of a lot of WW2 fields down south and they all had "clear ways" cut at the end of runways, just for that reason!
They still have a lot of work to do before this version is ready for use!

Earl your talking about less then 10 mins work if you would tell us exactly which runways have trees in which terrain.  And NO we don't have much work to do before release.

HiTech

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 01:25:18 PM »
Earl your talking about less then 10 mins work if you would tell us exactly which runways have trees in which terrain.  And NO we don't have much work to do before release.

HiTech
The field I am refereeing to is A2 I think, a small field! Nose gun on 29 needs to be corrected, its set to far to left!
Gun sights are so dim, can't use them unless against a dark back ground! Game graphics look great, but I can't seem to get my video setting right and instrument panel is to dark to use most of time! What should mine be set on...I have a top of the line card, but really don't know how to set it up I guess!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 06:41:29 AM »
I will do some testing today

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 09:49:44 AM »
I would like to thank the field crew for the quick response on the tree removal.

The trees in question are at ALL the single runway fields. They are on the 88 AA guns located in the upper left of the selection screen in the Hanger. When entering the gun position move the gun about 20 deg. to the left to see the offending trees. This is at every single runway base in question.

Thank you for your concern on the gap in adequate protection of our fields.

Reb281
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 11:27:39 AM »

Gun sights are so dim, can't use them unless against a dark back ground!

Sight brightness is adjustable in the sight selection window now.  :aok
Flying as Noser

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 02:11:50 PM »
Oh my field crew must still be looking for the chainsaws ......
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline Guile

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 09:02:04 PM »
The field I am refereeing to is A2 I think, a small field! Nose gun on 29 needs to be corrected, its set to far to left!
Gun sights are so dim, can't use them unless against a dark back ground! Game graphics look great, but I can't seem to get my video setting right and instrument panel is to dark to use most of time! What should mine be set on...I have a top of the line card, but really don't know how to set it up I guess!
Try turning off anti-aliasing in game under the advanced graphic settings. I had a similar problem.