Author Topic: Close the MA when player numbers drop below 20  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Close the MA when player numbers drop below 20
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2016, 06:04:12 PM »
I still fly in AHII MA and will be for awhile as my current system will not run AHIII.  I understand these are limitations of my own.  I understand folks are migrating to AHII and there will be fewer and fewer players for me to fight.

How will just closing down this arena help anything?

I take responsibility to play with the conditions I have to work with.  I mean I could whine and cry and try to make people play my way but I don't see that EVER working out, so I'll just smile and find some fun when I can.  I dunno, maybe its me.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2016, 10:22:25 PM »
I guess my hope would be that if the only arena available when numbers are low is the DA or a similar 'furball' small arena then it would compress the action and force fights.

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2016, 11:19:58 PM »
See Rules #4, #6
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 02:44:53 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2016, 11:40:43 PM »
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 02:45:11 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2016, 01:12:57 AM »
No advice as yet from Puller.  He must be taking his time to ensure he gives a complete answer.

did you find any fights tonight?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2016, 03:21:21 AM »

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2016, 04:41:47 AM »
did you find any fights tonight?

semp

I logged on for a quick look and yes I found a fight.  However, the acid test is going to be now.  It is 7:40pm on a Saturday night for me.  will I find a fight now?

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2016, 07:29:47 AM »
Well I just spent a couple of hours in AHIII

Player numbers ranged from around 50 to 23 when I logged off.  I found fights thanks to a few very willing opponents.

AKAK, JimmyC and Techwrek.  Thanks guys that was a lot of fun.  We all kept going at it win or lose.

Techwrek - sir they were some of the best fights I have had in a long time.  You and me need to do that more often.  Too much fun.  ~S~

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2016, 08:19:46 AM »
Tech is a great guy  :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2016, 08:27:46 AM »
I guess my hope would be that if the only arena available when numbers are low is the DA or a similar 'furball' small arena then it would compress the action and force fights.

You cant FORCE players to play a certain way. Many don't play this game to fight....unfortunately. And it may seem worst in the days to come. I think....and hope, more players will be coming over from WOT and will do nothing but tank.

However, what can be done to bring more fighting into the game is to adjust the rules for a "WIN". To capture a base, not only do you need to white flag the town, kill all ack guns, and get 10 troops into the maproom, add in thing that will move more player to defend, like ack guns come up faster if 5 defenders are in the air for 5 minutes.

Bombers only get full points/perks/damage if they RTB.... or atleast try to make it.

Defenders are far too few as to most people they have the most to lose. Be it points, perks, K/D, just plan dying, or what ever is their goal. Defenders get hammered. They are less organized as tend to get slaughtered more easily. Some thing needs to be done to make it more worth while to defend bases.

With more defenders you'll have more fights.

For the attackers, there needs to be a "carrot" to entice them to fight for their captures instead of "disappearing" when the going gets tough.

The point is you can't take away and arena, but you can make it so most players flock to a single one. You cant take away NOEs or "wack a mole" type grab and dash captures but you can make it more beneficial to fight for them. They still have to option to do the lame "avoid a fight" stuff, but they may instead choose to join a fight instead for the "extras" provided by the new rules.   

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2016, 09:20:14 AM »

:O

"ENY is working perfectly."

:rofl

:aok

(As a Rook I would still want zero ENY across the board in this scenario.  I want people to fight against.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 09:22:16 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2016, 09:25:32 AM »
You cant FORCE players to play a certain way. Many don't play this game to fight....unfortunately. And it may seem worst in the days to come. I think....and hope, more players will be coming over from WOT and will do nothing but tank.

However, what can be done to bring more fighting into the game is to adjust the rules for a "WIN". To capture a base, not only do you need to white flag the town, kill all ack guns, and get 10 troops into the maproom, add in thing that will move more player to defend, like ack guns come up faster if 5 defenders are in the air for 5 minutes.

Bombers only get full points/perks/damage if they RTB.... or atleast try to make it.

Defenders are far too few as to most people they have the most to lose. Be it points, perks, K/D, just plan dying, or what ever is their goal. Defenders get hammered. They are less organized as tend to get slaughtered more easily. Some thing needs to be done to make it more worth while to defend bases.

With more defenders you'll have more fights.

For the attackers, there needs to be a "carrot" to entice them to fight for their captures instead of "disappearing" when the going gets tough.

The point is you can't take away and arena, but you can make it so most players flock to a single one. You cant take away NOEs or "wack a mole" type grab and dash captures but you can make it more beneficial to fight for them. They still have to option to do the lame "avoid a fight" stuff, but they may instead choose to join a fight instead for the "extras" provided by the new rules.   

completely disagree. 

When you have 30 players and 300 bases that's a problem.  As Violator has repeatedly pointed out, and Fess mentioned above, you CAN funnel the action.   That will force fights.   That in turn brings in more action which encourages more people to log in and stay, etc. etc..

”KILLER V”
The Damned