Author Topic: Skins wrong/missing reflection/glossy maps.  (Read 241 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Skins wrong/missing reflection/glossy maps.
« on: October 03, 2016, 03:48:39 PM »
Some AC skins seem to be missing reflection/glossy maps. Like on the 331 Sqd. skin for the Spit16. I can barely see the camo paint through the glossy finish. Is it just me or are some skins not yet compatible with AH3?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Re: Skins wrong/missing reflection/glossy maps.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:59:43 PM »
It's the same way with some of the D11 skins too.  They look weird in AH3
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 04:03:11 PM »
The squiggly one for the 262 looks like it just got back from a very conscientious wax job.  Not sure if intentional or not.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 04:37:36 PM »
Some AC skins seem to be missing reflection/glossy maps. Like on the 331 Sqd. skin for the Spit16. I can barely see the camo paint through the glossy finish. Is it just me or are some skins not yet compatible with AH3?

I think all the Ah2 skins that got imported over look like that.  All the P-38 skins exhibit the same glossiness.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 05:00:45 PM »
I can take care of the P-38 skins I've submitted, and help fix any other orphaned ones.  If Fester is around, I'm sure he would want to fix his also.   

I assume Skuzzy will let us know when the new skin submission/update process for AH3 is ready for use.  Can't do much about it until then. 

To me, some of them look like they have been dipped in high-gloss resin.   I think turning reflections off might be an OK work-around for the skins that appear way too glossy.