Author Topic: two long standing issues need fixing  (Read 654 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
two long standing issues need fixing
« on: October 01, 2016, 08:47:35 AM »
#1.  Whenever a CV is sunk, the only way to know is to transport to it.  If you are elsewhere on the map, checking the status indicates it is still afloat.  Please list fighters and bombers as disabled when the CV is sunk.

The radar even shows as enabled here. 

#2.  Your plane has no icon in any of your films.  When viewing from another plane, it can be difficult to spot the tiny speck that is your plane, especially against the ground.  Please add an icon.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:50:12 AM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Re: two long standing issues need fixing
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 12:36:20 PM »
If I remember correctly you can check CV status with the down time dot command. Something like .dt f11shp for all ships or .dt f11shp000 for I think the carrier, (not sure but it goes from 000 to 005.) Regardless it would be nice if the clipboard reflected reality a little better.
Pies not kicks.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 02:29:06 PM »
Right click on that CV and look at the dt readout from the clipboard. Downtime has been incorporated into the map right click menu.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 02:38:42 PM »
.dt f11shp for all ships or .dt f11shp000 for I think the carrier, (not sure but it goes from 000 to 005.)

shp000 is the CV, shp 005 is the cruiser

The (all too) mighty tool of .dt answers so many questions, from "is our CV still up?" over "how long will our HQ still be down?" to "how's town A15?".
 often answer question like this being up at 20k from a hundred miles away from the object, while the folks actually beign there usually can't be bothered to answer  :P

(clipboard downtimes are a nice addition, but often you have to scroll excessively and scan through dozens or even hundreds of entries for that one object you are looking for)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 02:42:32 PM »

shp000 is the CV, shp 005 is the cruiser

The (all too) mighty tool of .dt answers so many questions, from "is our CV still up?" over "how long will our HQ still be down?" to "how's town A15?".
 often answer question like this being up at 20k from a hundred miles away from the object, while the folks actually beign there usually can't be bothered to answer  :P

(clipboard downtimes are a nice addition, but often you have to scroll excessively and scan through dozens or even hundreds of entries for that one object you are looking for)

Just checking that you saw the checks on the object type list. I.E. You can show just the object type you are looking for.

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 02:46:57 PM »
Just checking that you saw the checks on the object type list. I.E. You can show just the object type you are looking for.

HiTech

Ah, yes, forgot about that.
But still, you gotta uncheck a few things at times, as the factory objects are shown by default. So when looking for a specific thing, the .dt command is still faster - unless you are a new player, then the clipboard option can be very valuable :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 02:50:59 PM »
Ah, yes, forgot about that.
But still, you gotta uncheck a few things at times, as the factory objects are shown by default. So when looking for a specific thing, the .dt command is still faster - unless you are a new player, then the clipboard option can be very valuable :)

I agree. Is how I move, select most planes, change countries,  change radio, almost all.

HiTech

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 02:58:21 PM »
Instead of all the . downtime gobbledegook, just listing the correct status on the "check field status" tab would be much more user-friendly.

Things were better without the downtime stuff, IMO.  Knowing down to the precise second, when any enemy gun or building gets repaired trades the fog of war for the Skynet of war.  (thumbs down smiley)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 08:25:24 AM »
I agree. Is how I move, select most planes, change countries,  change radio, almost all.

HiTech
Coders are like that.  Keyboard shortcuts rule.  It pains me to no end to watch people "click", "click", "click" they're mouse when they could copy and paste with the keyboard...  :bhead
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org