Author Topic: what's your most embarrasing death ?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
what's your most embarrasing death ?
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2001, 01:58:00 PM »
hmm, guess mine are Zekes...  First was just messing around after a snapshot with Puke and someone else.  Puke was in a Hellkittie and I was in a Zeke.  Let's just say I found out that the Zeke compresses MUCH faster than any other plane I've flown, so I lawn darted.   ;)

Next was in another snapshot.  I'm flying a Hellkittie and we're trying to keep the Zekes off the Avengers.  I get one on my tail and entice him to chase me, cool, he does which takes pressure off the bombers.  Eventually I decide to dive and lose him.  It works, and someone else gets him.  I turn back and start climbing up to the bombers.  There's a high Zeke that's harassing them, and when he sees me and Wilbus, he decides he better deal with us.  anyways, I'm pretty slow at this point from climbing back up, and he's got a nice alt advantage on us.  We fight for a bit, he does a vertical move, comes back down and I pull up into him.  Of course I die.  Hmm, I did that in the 3rd frame of the Rumble too.   :(
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline bigUC

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2001, 02:33:00 PM »
I pick from a long list:
1) Diving on a buff in a Ta-152, pulling to get a shot in and disintegrating 300 yards away from the tailgunner before he starts to shoot.
2)  Happened a long time ago: Mishandling tempest so badly that aslow spit with alt disadvantage was able to nail me good when i was hanging from the propeller (never flown tempest in MA since).
3)  Hostile Shores: Being the first F6F blown outta the sky despite repeated "check 6" from squadmates and friendlies - I tought i had plenty of time...
4) Generally:  Falling for the hammerhead, or execute it poorly and getting nailed by the guy who skyrockets past my burning wreckage...
Kurt is winking at U!

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2001, 07:12:00 PM »
Heh heh.  Several of these had me chuckling.

-Puke
332nd Flying Mongrel